Confession and Encouragement, God's Perfect Timing (Video)

 Good evening to all my striving sister saints!

Praise God what an awesome day and we saw another example of God's perfect timing. Just this morning brother Jim was checking out a false Hebrew Roots teacher that he reached out to and exposed (when he wouldn't repent) and not long after that a man walked up to our van window and asked if he could talk to him.  Turns out he just left the Hebrew Roots movement. Perfect timing.  He sat here for a couple hours talking in the drizzling rain, talking about God's word as he's seeking truth.  Glory to God!

Before that, I went for a little walk and made you a video.


Then before I was finished walking I made another one...



And what perfect timing for me to show you that I'm not perfect and have to press on myself, because I was sent an email from a woman who is striving to dress biblical and asked for encouragement and this is part of what I sent her. Brother Jim said I should post it here. 

*****************************************************


I totally know what you are talking about when it comes to learning how to deal with the new way you look and the 'comments' or 'remarks' you get and I can offer you this right off....over time it becomes who you are and it doesn't affect you as much.  The more you keep the Lord as your focus as to why you do it, the stronger you will get.   I used to be very aware of the looks and gawks of people in the beginning and even though part of me didn't care as I loved the Lord for doing it, the other part stung.  Now, this many years later, I can walk among thousands of people and could care less, in fact I've turned it around to a powerful witness because us godly women get to be a billboard for the Lord!  But, that's not to say that I don't get in my flesh once in a while and here's the power of God.... I just this morning confessed on a video about something sort of related to this topic of which I'll be posting tonight, Lord willing, if we have strong enough internet.  But for the most part, I'm over all that and can promise you the more you do this and ask the Lord to give you what you need, the more He will give you and you'll overcome.

Something to think about and go to the Lord for help....most likely you work with unregenerate people who are not born again and need the gospel.  We encourage people to work toward having a biblical gospel tract to hand out, if you don't already have one.  This is very important as it serves 2 purposes.  One to give the life saving truth to call people to repentance and 2, it can be a protection for you. 

For instance...this woman you said made a comment to you.  Since you are at work we don't recommend witnessing on work time as you are there to do a job but you can always offer something like this...
"I used to dress in a worldly carnal way but since I've been born again I now dress to be obedient to God.  Would you like a gospel tract?  I can give you one after work and we can discuss this if you want"  (Or something similar)  
 
If you are prepared like that you are no longer weak prey but a strong soldier for the Lord.   The first time you do it, it'll be strange but trust me, the more you do it the stronger you will get and after a while, for the most part, people will leave you alone or you may have someone who comes to ask you about it.

Can I offer some other things to think about?

God put conviction in us, read Romans 1 that we are without excuse and I can state for a fact that (most) women get that conviction (unless they have seared their conscience) and that's why they push back.  Remember this ....

Matthew 5:11-12 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. [12] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

And think about this, the culture has been turned so much that a woman in long loose clothing is either getting married or a princess.  (Both of which are usually wickedly lascivious looking)   So godly women enter in the picture, bring conviction and I know this for a fact because that was me years ago, the feminist, meeting the wife of someone who dressed in long skirts etc. (She wasn't biblical when I look back today but she was definitely someone God used to bring conviction to me. )  

Also, let's always examine ourselves to see if our pride is being hurt in all this and then kill it because God hates pride. I'm not saying you do, just having you examine to see if you do as there are times I have to kill mine.  

The most important part in all this is keeping Christ first and foremost.  Next time something like that happens, turn to the Lord and praise Him for letting you see His word come true right before your eyes when He said the world will hate you (and what you do) and will persecute you.   And then also make sure you put on your armor every morning and tighten it up throughout the day. Remind yourself what Christ did for you and that you are willing to lay down your life for Him because of that.  Magnifying Christ will minimize us and these things we have to go through.

John 3:30-31 He must increase, but I must decrease. [31] He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

And remember this...

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

I don't really have all the answers, all I can tell you is to press on one day at a time and do your best so when you go to bed at night you can rest knowing you did your best.  (If not then repent and try again tomorrow.)  It won't be long and you'll look back and think very little of all this and be pressing through other trials.

I hope that helps you and sometimes just knowing you're not alone or having someone to send encouragement can help us sisters press on.  I can email here or messenger, whichever you prefer.  (Messenger is nice because it's easy to send a picture or video of God's creation etc to encourage one another.)

Thank you for reaching out and I look forward to encouraging you.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb with brother Jim

Ps....brother Jim suggested I post this on the sister blog to edify and encourage other women who are going through this. 


*****************************************************I

In this day of the saints being scattered and the days growing darker, we are thankful to be able to encourage others long distance.  That man that was just here talking to brother Jim said that one thing he noticed as he was bouncing from one organization to another, trying to find truth, is that people didn't want to talk or answer questions= no love.  He took time to write emails and received no answers.  He stood in line to talk to some pastors and received cold responses to his questions.  He sees how rare it is when someone will take time to help another seeking soul and that's what we encourage other to do, help one another, encourage one another because we take this seriously....

Hebrews 3:13 

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; 

lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

I believe I may have just witnessed that the other day.  After many days of seriously trying to help a woman...she faded away and I fear that through the trials she was facing, she may have allowed herself to be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. I hope I'm wrong.

The other day we watched a squirrel burying acorns in the ground and it was so cute.  He diligently and thoroughly dug the hole, buried the acorn then very carefully covered it up, even to the patting of the top soil.  (The angle was too hard to get a video so I took a clip of one I found so you can see.)




Brother Jim and I were saying that's what we feel like we do a lot of.  Digging the hole, planting the seed and carefully covering it up so it stays buried and we pray that someone comes along and waters it and eventually there be a harvest of the Lord.  Diligently, day after day sisters, we plant the seeds, cover it and turn them over to the God.  

1 Corinthians 3:6-9

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

What a glorious job we have in sharing His precious truth with the lost and dying world, amen?!  

I love this...

Luke 15:1 

Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

Guess what?  That's what we find in our ministry.  Brother Jim was just saying to that man that the beggars and homeless are closer to God than the religious people we come across.  In fact I just witnessed a van dewlling man that would fit within that category....tell brother Jim 'I love you man' and I'd have to think really hard to find a religious person that's ever said that to us.




Anyway....it's been a busy day in ministry and I'm thankful that part of it is here with you! And I thank you sisters who diligently love the sisters every day by encouraging them in the ministry the Lord would have you do.




We love you all.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sister Deb

v


We cannot work our way to heaven, we must be born from above, see the gospel HERE.