A Merry Heart Maketh a Cheerful Countenance

 Good evening sister saints!

We are thankful for another day, are you?  Brother Jim and I had some work and travel today and witnessing along the way.  I'm sitting outside while I write this post for you.




I sent this picture to a sister and she sent it back with the scripture. Look close and you can see the moon 'lesser light'.

This is just a simple post to bring some smiles and lift your countenance in a good and godly way for my Titus 2 sisters.








A little beauty, of our Father's creation along our travels.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (Romans 1:20)


I don't know about you but my countenance is lifted just by partaking of what God has created, pondering His greatness.

Psalm 147:1-8 
Praise ye the Lord : for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely. The Lord doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel. He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names. Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite. The Lord lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground. Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God: Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.



Who doesn't smile when they see such vibrant beauty!


And this lifts my spirits thinking about my sisters growing gardens and harvesting from them.




In case you can't see it says 'Have you planted your garden?'  There were several trucks and flatbeds going by with a lot of produce, we figured they were either going to or coming from a farmers market.




I didn't get this produce from a farmers market but it's still all good. On the left side of the picture is a plum, hiding in the background.  It was the most tasty plum ever.  Speaking of, a sister has been preserving some...




Doing good works is what we Titus 2 sisters do.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)

And more produce, produced into lunch:-)





If I could, I'd make something like this and serve it to you with tea or coffee.  




(No I didn't buy it but it was definitely worth a picture for you.)



Imagine the history behind that building.  Simple life from long ago, not complicated like today.

Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord. Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens. (Lamentations 3:40-41)

This post may bring  you some smiles and lift you for a moment but the GOSPEL can change your heart forever.  

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26)

Becoming a new creature will change the countenance of a person to one of joy and peace.  

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Knowing that if we have repented and been born from above we will not suffer the wrath of God, how can that not lift our countenance?!

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (Hebrews 8:10)

And one more before I go.

Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.  For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted. For the Lord is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king. (Psalm 89:15-18)

And if you want to read some scriptures with Joy of the Lord, you can do that HERE.


Love to you all, my striving sister soldier saints.  Hold fast to the Lord for His is our salvation.

Sister Deb