Sewing A Pocket on a Shirt (Upcycling with Video)

 Greetings sister saints!


Let's be thankful for this day and extra thankful for the blessing of health that allows us to fulfill our Titus 2 duties as godly women!  Praise God for creating us for good works...

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)


Let us walk in a manner worthy of our Savior's name.


Ephesians 4:1-7 

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;  Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, [6] One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.  But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.




This post is just a simple Titus 2 duty of a godly woman....sewing.  I've already confessed that other sisters are much more gifted with the skill of sewing clothing, but I do have just enough skill to modify what's already been sewn. Those of you who know me, know that I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to earthly matters and duties as I do what I can do in order to be able to get it all done and that includes my modification of clothing :-)  

In the following video you'll see how I recycled some shirt sleeves to add a pocket.  Maybe it'll be an encouragement to those of you who are like me, having just enough skill to get by :-)  




Okay so that shirt had a matching pocket, now I'll show you a picture of a shirt that I'm in the process of adding a pocket but it doesn't match.


(I took the pocket off an old nurses scrub shirt that I use for such things and extra material.)

Yep, it is far from matching and everyone that sees me coming will see that pocket standing out but guess what?  It's the best I can do with what I have and I don't care, I'm thankful for a pocket!   Praise God!  No, there's nothing wrong with matching materials and making things neat, straight and perfectly aligned so for those of you sisters who whip up nicely sewn clothes, praise God!  This post is for those sisters who are like me, just scraping by in the area of sewing and I want to encourage you that if I can do it, 'sew' can you. Lol :-)

Soon I will be doing a video about how to sew a man's tunic by adding extension material to the bottom of a shirt.  I've posted about this but I'll do a more detailed job this time.

Anyway, I hope that's been an encouragement to you. Don't sweat the small stuff sisters, just do what you can, don't compare yourself and be joyous that you have food and raiment because we are to be content in that amen?

Let's all make sure we are using our time in the best manner to glorify God.

John 12:23-36 

And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. [Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. [He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.  Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.  Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.  The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.  While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.


And within that time use we are to make sure we are sharing the biblical GOSPEL.  Speaking of, brother Jim wrote a post called 'Wearing Out Souls for Valuable Souls', you can find that HERE.


I leave you with some pretty flowers from our Father.




Much love to you all and I'm thankful to be able to encourage you all.  How are you doing at encouraging the sister saints that you know of?  




Blessings

Peace

Grace


In godly love,

Sister Deb