Soothing for the Soul

Godly greeting to you sister saints!


(Thank you faithful sister saint for the continues edification through the picture gifts you share.)

We traveled back to our land in Missouri.  Well, we're not there just yet as we stopped so I could get this post done with all the videos as the reception there comes and goes.  (Just like the storms in life:-)   

I thought you might appreciate som videos of our travel, God's beautiful creation. 

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)




God's creation is soothing to the soul...

It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. (Proverbs 3:8)




I'm thankful to have sisters to encourage and be encouraged.

For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such. (1 Corinthians 16:18)




In a dark and wicked world, we can find peace and strength in the holy word of God.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. [5] God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.  The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.  The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. (Psalm 46:1-7)




Keep pressing on and through the trials of this life sisters and don't grow weary.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. (Galatians 6:9)




I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. (John 14:18)




Psalm 84:10-12 
For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.  O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.





Luke 13:23-24 
Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.





Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:2-8)



Yes, everyone gets weak at times and needs to be strengthened...encouragement and edification from the saints is priceless.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. (Hebrews 3:13)




We can all lift up one another.  I love this passage (Read the whole chapter for the full picture.)

And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.  But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. (Exodus 17:11-12)



Our God is one worth standing for in this wicked world.  He is a mighty God! I LOVE this!!!!

And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded. 

 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the Lord that was broken down. 

 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name: 

And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord : and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed. 

 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood. 

 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time. 

 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water. 

 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word. 

 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. 

Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. 

And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God. (1 Kings 18:29-39)

Oh yeah, that's a mighty God!!!!




And this is what our God will do for His own...

In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth. 

 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. 

 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet. 

 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind. 

And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies. 

Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled.

 The Lord thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice. 

And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them. 

 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the Lord, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils. 

He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; 

He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. 

 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. 

He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me. 

The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. 

For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God. (2 Samuel 22:7-22)



After we arrived in a town where I sit now typing this...a man walked up to the van.


He was a false teacher so Brother Jim rebuked him when he wouldn't repent...



And he walked off laughing about the truth of God.  What a shameful display.  



The workers of iniquity abound and the workers of the Lord are few.  Let us strive on and shine the light of truth and share the GOSPEL with all around us and glorify our Father in heaven.  Brother Jim has some portions of Psalms HERE if you are interested.


Love to all my sisters who love the Lord,

Sister Deb