Tomato Soup and Tasks

 Good evening sister saints!

We've been thankful to be very busy both in ministry and in physical work.  Lots of tasks getting done and we're getting closer to getting back on the road, Lord willing, that is.  How are you all doing?  I'm sure some are planting seedlings for their gardens and praying the Lord will allow a good harvest at the end.

🍎   🥭   🌶️   🧅   🥕   🌽   🍉   🥑   🥬   🍓   🍠   🍒   

The other day while washing clothes outside under the porch roof, I was thankful for what the Lord has blessed us with.  I was out of the sun, hand washing clothes with all the water I could use as we had just filled the barrels from the well....and I had a flashback to who I used to be before Christ, sitting in an office or trying not to look out the window of a plane while flying off to business meetings.  What a joy to be redeemed from a wicked sinful woman to a Titus 2 God fearing woman who is striving to be obedient to Him.  I'm blessed and I hope you all see that you are too if you truly are a child of God.  See the biblical gospel HERE to test yourself. And you can see a post HERE I did a while ago about a Redemptive God.  (I actually had the spelling wrong in it for all that time until I just noticed it today. Let me know if you see any mistakes like that:-)

So, going from who I was to who I am now, I'm overjoyed when I get to share my new life with other sisters and rejoice with them when they share theirs with me.  The Father has us doing what He wants us to do and we see that as a simple quiet life as helpers to others.  What a joy and I love to see and hear how you all are doing in yours!

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 

1 Thessalonians 5:11 


Brother Jim received a text from a new brother this morning and brother Jim said to him:

" Here's a good example of edifying (name omitted), your simple text this morning gives me peace and joy knowing you are well, safe and in the Word." 

See, just knowing our sisters are alive and striving brings peace and joy!!!  Why would we not want to do that for someone, check in on them, encourage them through their day, lift them up and allow them to life us up all the while bringing honor and glory to our Father in heaven.  It brings me great joy to know my sisters are keeping themselves unspotted from the world and when I don't hear from them I'm very concerned.  Anyway, I'm here for any of you who are truly a child of God, wanting encouragement and edification.

Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Romans 14:19 

Today I'll share some encouragement with an easy recipe of tomato soup.  Yep, plain old tomato soup and I'm sure there will be some of you who appreciate the simplicity of it and be encouraged that another sister is doing her Titus 2 duties :-)


I'm thankful for simple nourishment. But more important is the Word of God as man doesn't live by bread alone.


And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.  John 6:35 

And we have to have our priorities straight...

Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. [39] And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. [40] But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. [41] And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: [42] But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.  Luke 10:38-42 

Seeking first the kingdom of God, encouraging others to do the same... (see a post from Brother Jim HERE about that.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. [34] Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  Matthew 6:33-34 

My life lately has been nice and slow, calm and peaceful...a far cry from when we're on the road and dealing with the world every minute and every day.  I'm thankful for the break and just sharing it with you sisters.  While we were in the store and brother Jim was getting some supplies to remake the gospel signs that were stolen when he was beat up...





 ...I saw these planters and thought they were interesting.










Part of me said 'Hey they're small, I could set them on the hood of the van while we stop and let them ride on the dashboard as we drive lol.  Naw...that wouldn't work but it was fun to think about.

And I saw these and thought they were cute.







They aren't anywhere near as nice as our Father's creation but they would be welcoming to a visitor. (They say 'welcome' on the bottom).

And these were cute too...bird houses.  










Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.  Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 

Matthew 10:26-32 

Our Father has created the most amazing birds and one of my favorites (in our country that I've seen anyway) is the oriel.

You can see a post I did HERE with some amazing pictures of various birds, including the oriel :-) I hope to find an oriel feeder on sale some day, maybe.  They also like grape jelly so we usually put some out but not this year as we're heading out soon.



I also saw this big rack of seeds...



Oh yeah, that's a nice picture...all those seeds.  I've used all sorts of seeds but guess what?  The best crops I had came from the super cheap ones...



The Father blesses us all in many different ways.  Don't every take for granted what you get from your garden and when you get tired of working it, ponder the sisters who are not able to have one.  Hey, share your journey with others so all can be edified and cheer you on!

Garden seeds are great but better yet are the seeds of truth we plant in those in our life or cross paths with.  

In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good. 

Ecclesiastes 11:6


Keep striving on sister saints.




I love you all.
Sister Deb

Matthew 9:13 
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.