A Handle on Life

 Good day sister saints who are striving on in truth!


Brother Jim took that picture of me taking a picture of the lake.  It's so wonderful that we can take pictures and share with each other across the miles.  How edifying and encouraging to see other saints keeping themselves unspotted from the world.


Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27 

Speaking of which I have a nice assortment of beautiful scripture pictures that a sister sent to me and I'll share them all with you :-)






































This post, a handle on life, is labeled this way for two reasons. One, brother Jim put a handle in the van that made our life much easier :-)



Such a simple thing has helped us out tremendously.  It's great for getting in the van out of the van and shutting the door.  After he put it on, Brother Jim suggested I do a post for us sisters to encourage us to make sure we always have a handle on our life. By that we mean always working to be in control of it (not letting the world control it) and directing it in the ways of the Lord.  Often times we see people who are so scattered in every different direction they have no direct purpose or place in life. 


A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps. Proverbs 16:9 


We saints are supposed to be setting our minds on things above and our direction comes from the Lord in His word from His truth.  


Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.  And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.  John 17:17-23 


Some more sharing of sister messages :-). 




I love the part where it talks about the outward man perishing but the inward man is renewed day by day. If we truly are walking in the truth and have a handle on our life and directing it all for the Lord, our inward man will definitely be renewed day by day.... Even though the outside may get very tired :-). 



Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?  For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.  Matthew 16:24-27 

Praise God we can stand rock solid in his truth and go in the way of the Lord.



That video I just showed you was of a van that we saw several weeks ago in a parking lot.  It's a good representation of what we, as Christians, should not be nor do.  There doesn't seem to be much direction and the owner doesn't seem to have a handle on everything in his life. He wasn't there so brother Jim put a gospel card on his van.  We are here to help anyone who's looking to redirect their life in the ways of the Lord.

Brother Jim just made an audio called "Vandwelling Helps You In The Biblical  Christian Life".  You can find that HERE.

🕯️ Let us shine our light of Truth sisters! 🕯️

Here's some more of God's awesome creation as we traveled today.  



And I share a scripture reading during one of our Father's awesome sunsets.



We stopped at a gas station and I saw this platter of donuts. We didn't buy any but they just looked so good I had to take a picture for you.



And leave you with some more God's beautiful creation:-)



And strong and hold fast to his word sisters we are here to encourage you :-)


📖 Love to you all. 📖

Sister Deb