Seeking Encouragement and Sharing It With You

Greetings sisters,

I was seeking encouragement from Psalms and wanted to share with you!



 


O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 

 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 

Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. 

Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. 

My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: 

 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. 

 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. 

 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

Psalm 63:1-8 


How uplifting when we look to the things of God and not that which is surrounding us.  It's true you know, when adversity or tribulation comes into our lives, our faith can grow deeper or waver into turning away.  For the past many years I've shared this verse with a sister and it rings true in my life.

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.  1 Corinthians 10:12 

We should never think that we are above falling away because about that time is when satan comes in, bringing a storm and tries to wear you down. Your mind may wander and question your walk, your stance on the Word, your situation and doubt may come in.  What is that doubt?  Be careful as it could turn to unbelief in the word and what you were previously standing hard on....to soften and compromise to soothe the flesh.

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.  Do not err, my beloved brethren.   James 1:14-16 

We have a blessed hope to lay hold of ahead of us sisters, not behind.

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;  Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Hebrews 6:17-20 


Praise God for His precious Word!

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.  Galatians 6:9 

Let us all pray for one another, lifting each other up in love of the brethren.  Hold fast sister saints...




Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

Test yourself to the biblical gospel HERE.