Van Life Thermal Cooking Rice with Veggies

 ⛅ Good afternoon sisters! 🌥️

Hey, today I have another cooking video showing how easy it is to thermal cook 🍚 rice as brother Jim has been asking me to do these to help brothers also. This is great in the van 🚐 life (or RV, tiny house or even a big regular house 🏡:-) because it's super simple and saves 💵 $$ energy $$ 💵.  One thing I didn't mention is that I have even thermal cooked the rice in the pot 🍲 I boiled  it...you just bring it to a boil for a couple minutes, turn it off and wrap it in a blanket or towels  for 30 minutes 🕧 so anyone can do this without any special kitchen gadgets. You can check out the video and I'll add more comments 💬 afterwards.




I suggest you make more rice 🍚 than you need and have left overs for the next day(s).  If you live out of a cooler like we do, you want to cool ❄️the rice down first so you don't melt your ice:-)  




Rice is super economical, for instance:  I used 1 1/4 cup rice in the video and it made enough for 3 generous meals 🍛 for the 2 of us and I mix it with veggies. 🥕  (Of course it's all subjective to how much a person eats.) 🍽️

Here's what they say about dry to cooked ratios. ⚖️ 

* 2 cups of dry rice in 1 lb. 

* 1 lb of dry rice will yield about 6 cups cooked.

* 1 cup dry rice will yield 3 about cups cooked.

🍛🍛🍛🍛🍛🍛🍛🍛

Let's say I paid .50 cents per lb of rice. ( I paid less but this is a good number to start with.)   Based on the math 🧮, it cost me .31 to make all that rice you saw in the video, so roughly .10 per meal.  Now add in some veggies 🫑 and you have a very frugal meal.  (Oftentimes frozen vegetables 🧄 are less costly than fresh, keep that in mind.  And they are great for the cooler too:-)  I buy a variety of whatever I find on sale whether it be fresh 🥦, frozen or canned 🥫 is good too.   

I make extra veggies 🧅 so that I have left overs to go with the left over rice:-)   


If you can buy rice in bulk you save more and keep watching sales so you can stock up.  Left over rice is great for breakfast with a bit of milk🥛, cinnamon and a pinch of sugar 🥣 if you like.  

Anyway, I hope that has helped some of you. Praise God that we can find such foods to nourish ourselves and keep us going in this life so that we can focus on Christ and living for Him.  📖We are out here on the road 🚦 preaching the GOSPEL and sharing the hope that lies ahead for those who are His.


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.   James 1:17 


🥒🌽🥦🧅🍠🥕🍅🥬🫑🍆🧄🥔


Love and blessings to you all.

Sister Deb