Sister Sharing and One Body

 Good evening sisters!



I love that verse! Thank you for sharing that sister :-)

Brother Jim just did a fellowship teaching on Joy and I think it's appropriate to put it right HERE along with that scripture picture :-) 

A sister and I were talking tonight about praying for our loved ones. We discussed how we have to be careful that we do not get too much flesh involved in such things nor practice partiality of loving our children or family more so than the rest of the lost world.  We talked about how difficult it is to balance that and also to continue standing strong in the faith when some of those such people push against you.  We were also talking about how we can stand strong in our faith with our grandchildren knowing the possibility of their parents removing them from our lives. Brother Jim and I have had to deal with that ourselves. We talked about how we need to be able to turn them over to God and His will be done.  We also discussed that a prophet is not welcome in his own hometown. Brother Jim said that most likely it would be somebody else that would be planting seeds or watering the seeds that maybe we've planted.  Our hope and joy rests in the Lord alone and not man.  

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.  Romans 15:13 

We also talked about the different parts of the body of Christ and how all parts are important. Brother Jim made the reference as to those who are fighting in battles. Some are on the front line and some are in the support area. Without one or the other the battle cannot be won.  Not one position has greater importance than the other.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 

For the body is not one member, but many. 

If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 

If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 

But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 

 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 

But now are they many members, yet but one body. 

 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 

Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 

 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 

1 Corinthians 12:13-23 


Just sharing a few things that we were discussing and maybe that helps strengthen you, knowing that other saints are pressing on.  As I type this I think of a talk (last year) with sister who we've known for many years, who I dearly love in the Lord and I wonder what has become of her?  




I wrote a post about the last time we were able to see one another HERE at one of our favorite lakes in Nebraska, and how we discussed some topics that we had overcome and were working on. (There are biblical issues separating our houses but I pray someday they will be resolved.) She used to edify sisters on a blog but since then I've seen it dwindle down to virtually nothing and because I love her, I'm concerned for her spiritual welfare.  I hope she reads this....

Love of the brethren is deep and if it's true, it will never go away and we hurt when others hurt, we rejoice when others rejoice, we weep when they weep and so fulfil the command to bear one another's burdens.  

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.  

Galatians 6:1-2 


I just shared with a couple sisters that we have to prepare our hearts because we've seen people come and go over the years. Many people come and go and with each one, we are deeply saddened so let's all cling close to those we know and press one another to strive on.  If you are looking for daily edification and encouragement, let me know and I'm here for you.

Lord willing, we will be heading over the mountains and down into a tourist town tomorrow for street preaching on Saturday.  I'm sure the Lord will have you all busy in what you are to be doing for Him, where He has you. Praise God!

Thank you sisters for sharing about your gardens, sending pictures of God's creation and most of all, your love and encouragement of the brethren.

I must go for now, Lord willing I may be able to pop in tomorrow briefly but we should see as I'm not sure we will have reception.  

Hold fast sister saints!

Brother Jim read this in his teaching on joy....

Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Nehemiah 8:10 

And he has an update HERE, feel free to check it out.

We love you all in the Lord!

Sister Deb


(A sister shared this picture and I put a scripture to it for her:-)