Giving the Gospel Magnified

 Good evening sister saints!




Glory to God we had a good day in the Lord, how about you?  (I know some of you did and some are just starting your day, let us all rejoice in it.) 

Today, as we were traveling, we stopped to get some gas and they had a produce stand in the parking lot.



I bought a tomato and a couple peppers for a reasonable price.


And I gave the man a gospel card and thanked him.  He didn't seem to interested but the younger man behind him looked over his shoulder, smiled and thanked me several times.  I told brother Jim and we began talking about how many different things happen when we give out a gospel card.  I thought we could magnify this action and see what all happens when we do good works such as share the gospel with someone.

* Giving the precious life giving gospel (see it HERE)

* God is glorified

* Loving our neighbor

* Growing in boldness

* Being obedient

* Being a good example

* Shining our light

* Redeeming the time

* Being zealous for good works

* Walking in the Spirit

* Seeing opportunities

* Planting seeds

* Saints are edified knowing you are laboring in the word

That's the magnified version of what happens when we give a gospel card.  (Maybe you can think of more things to add to that list.) Most people just focus on the 'handing of the card to the person' and don't go much further but so many things are affected by this one obedient action!

I don't know about you but just thinking about all those things makes me want to do more and more!  Our Father is so worthy, why would we not!

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.  

Revelation 4:11 

Satan has fear on people's hearts and they don't step out in faith knowing that God will give them what they need.  Of course we must be working diligently, studying to show ourselves approved in the word so we can rightly divide and converse with someone that might want to talk about it after giving it to them.  God will grow His people into that point if they diligently work hard toward it.  I see people working hard on their lawns, their gardens, their houses, their cooking etc...but are they working just as hard to share that gospel that gave them life?  (For that matter are they also working as hard to edify the precious saints they know to help encourage them from turning back?) 

Praise God you can see the effects of being obedient in one area, think about all the affects of being obedient in covering your head, dressing biblical, learning to watch our tongues, managing our households well etc.  

I know sisters who are stepping it up a notch in their witnessing / sharing the gospel and I rejoice in that knowing all these things are happening every time!

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. [12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  

John 14:11-12 

Greater works are a transformed life, through the gospel.  I'm proof of it, brother Jim's proof of it, the sisters and brothers I know are proof of it....Glory to God!

I just thought I'd share all that with you in hopes that it encourages you as much as it did me in writing it.  We can see the magnitude of one obedient act:-)



A sister sent some scripture pictures (thank you) and one is of a lamb they have on their farm, how cute and what a representation of us saints (sheep/lambs) being sent out among wolves, following after the example of our Savior.




Amen, to Him be the glory...we are nothing without Him.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 

 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 

John 15:4-5 

Praises to our heavenly Father and I rejoice in those I know who are fully obedient.  Not taking on satan's lies to compromise on the truth but to live by every word (Matthew 4:4)

Oh, and I'll also add in that during the time I gave the gospel I was doing my Titus 2 works also:-)  Speaking of, I saw this display in the store the other day and forgot to post it.  



   

I made a travel video for you today as we drove along the highway with a nice cool breeze and little to no humidity with bright sunshine and fluffy clouds. Oh what blessings we have to be thankful for.




See brother Jim's update from yesterday HERE.

Let us sing praises to our heavenly Father for all He has done.  

In fervent godly love to you all,

Sister Deb


For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.  

Romans 1:16-17