The Madness of Music but The Mightiness of God

Greetings sister soldier saints!!!!

Praise God for allowing us one more day to battle for Him.  We battle our flesh, we battle for truth, we battle through the trials of this life!!! Speaking of battling through trials, I'll share one of mine with you. 

Music.

!!! I HATE IT !!!

I used to be very adept at learning musical instruments and played in an orchestra from a young age. We rarely watched tv growing up but the radio was always playing (when we had electricity) and through my life I used music like a drug depending on what situation I was in. From classic, to bar dancing hop to hard core rap about murder and violence.  When I was born again I shed all that to be obedient to my Savior who gave His life for those who would follow after Him. But I'll confess to you that it's a thorn in my flesh today.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Galatians 6:7

This is most definitely true. I pounded so much music in me for so many years that today I'm reaping what I've sown and it will be a battle until the day I die unless the Lord sees fit to loose me from it.  I hate it but it won't go away. It's always in my mind trying to come to the surface, morning, noon and night and I have to battle it especially in this world with music playing all over.  Wherever you go it's playing and sometimes the parking lots we stay in play it all night so it's hard too escape and it not only makes me mad (angry), it can almost drive a person mad if they aren't careful.

Let me clarify again...I hate it. I have no desire to listen to it or have it popping in my head all the time, is just one of those battles some of us have to fight. (And we know of other saints who have said the same.)

Yesterday a thorn in my flesh flared up and made me weak and while I was in the store they were playing music that I used to listen to in my carnal days before Christ.  I had to fight hard not to lose control and give in to the overwhelming sadness that overcame me and then I was looking at the lost world of which massive amounts of people are on their way to everlasting destruction. I almost started crying while walking down the aisle but I cried out to God (in my mind) to protect me and I resisted Satan and his tactics (him knowing my weaknesses). I also recited scripture verses and focused on this word instead of what was going on. I also thought about who I could witness to and what I could be writing about to encourage sisters on my blog. 

Our Father is so awesome that by the time I got back to the van I was stronger and had overcome. Then brother Jim started talking about the events we are looking at to preach over the next few weeks and the areas we might be able to share the gospel  and my Spirit was roaring with zeal to get out and go!  Then this morning I woke up to a message from a sister staying how much she hated the music as she was in a big town the day before.  

Praise God He can help us overcome if we turn to Him, are obedient and trust that He will help us overcome all such things.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 

1 John 4:4 


Thank you sister for encouraging me to write about this as it may encourage another sister who battles such things and knowing we aren't alone in it can help.

Let's look at scriptures that can help us in such situations. The first one that comes to my mind is this:

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 

Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 

 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.  

1 Peter 5:8-11 


In order to be prepared we have to make sure we have on our armor of God.



Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 

 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 

 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 

 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 

 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 

 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints 

Ephesians 6:10-18 

The armor of God is His Word and through His power of it.  

I noticed that in the past I used to try to sing a song to God in my mind to overcome all the music trying to flood me but to be honest, I don't really know any songs and only a few verses, so remembering the GOSPEL and what Christ has done, pondering scriptures, looking forward to what lies ahead and focusing on doing good works for the Father are what help me overcome it all. 

You see sisters, battling such things for the Lord is our reasonable service.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 
Romans 12:1 

And one that we should willingly do for our Master who made the way for us if we follow after Him.

I don't have an answer to rid such things from our lives, but I can assure you that our Father can make a way through them. 

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.  
Acts 14:22 


Praise God we can encourage one another on!  And on that topic, I'll share a couple pictures from a sister who added the scriptures to it, thank you sister.  Praise God for the technology for us to all do such things for one another.



Amen the laborers are few and I want to give a shout of joy for the sisters I know that are becoming more bold on the word to share it with others. I see the Lord growing us all greatly and doing mighty works in the gospel going out!  Glory to God!



I love that, thinking about the brethren eating together with gladness and singleness of heart.  That would be why we sisters share some of our meals together even if long distance over the internet as the love is behind it all.

See brother Jim's update from yesterday HERE.

I'm thankful to be even of a small use to encourage you all. Hold fast sister saints.

Blessings, peace, and love to you all who are striving on in obedience after our Savior.

Sister Deb