A Sisters Conscience Question on Thanksgiving

 Good evening sister saints who love the Lord!

We've had a lot of good discussions and topics going around lately and another one came up from a sister so I made an audio of it, you can find it HERE.   Maybe it will be a blessing to someone going through the same trials as this sister with conscience issues regarding her role in Thanksgiving.  

I want to add this verse as brother James suggested it:

And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken it, he began to eat.  

Acts 27:35 

Not quite the same context but he said thanks to God before them, just something to consider.  Anyway, I'm thankful to be of any sort of help to the sisters and am joyous that the glory of God will be upheld in the body of Christ by doing what is the most honoring to Him.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.  

1 Corinthians 10:31 

Brother James almost has the guest cabin done and then looking at some other projects, Lord willing.  We're thankful for the opportunity to do such things that we've been wanting to do for quite some time.

Here's a curtain I made and you can see some of brother James work on the window sill.




I had another sewing project to do so I took you along:

 




And some unsewing projects to do...




And I'm thankful to have access to my little toaster oven because I was able to bless brother James with a rare treat.  A sister saint makes something similar for her family and every time she shares pictures, it makes me want to do the same. 




You can use all sorts of things to do this, I just happened to have a discounted box of baking mix.  




He was a happy hubby after a hard day's work for a couple nights in a row:-)




It made me think of this picture I found the other day while going through some old posts...



We were out west several years ago having a rare campfire:-)


Anyway, I had potato, carrot, zucchini soup and I'd be happy to serve you a bowl if you like:-)




I told brother James that maybe there will be a pumpkin cake / bread to celebrate the completion of the cabin:-)   I'll share a piece with you then.

I'm so thankful for all the Lord has provided and to have a simple life again, for a time. Makes me think of this: (I love it....)

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 

 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; [4] A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; [6] A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 

 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.  

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 



Each day is a gift and we do the best we can within each one sisters.  If we fall down, we repent and get back up and go again because:

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 
Lamentations 3:22-23 


Much fervent godly love to my striving sister saints!
Sister Deb


Hear the biblical gospel being preached: