God Owns Us (The sin of pride)

 Good evening to my striving sister saints whom I love in the Lord!



I hope you are all striving on and not growing weary.  We sisters were talking about how our days can have some of the same things in it and we don't want to grow weary of them because they are all glorifying to God.  I also shared that I love hearing about my sisters doing what God created them to do, not striving for worldly pursuits and not being rebellious feminists like I used to be.  It brings me great joy when I  receive a picture of a sisters dish washing or clothes hanging on the line or hear about how a sewing or gardening project is coming along.  Those good works are very important along with our walk in Christ.  I'm thankful for my sisters who have come out of the world and stripped themselves of all pride and vanity as well.  I made an audio about how God owns us and it stemmed from seeing the pride of men.  I shared this with the sisters on the last call and thought it would be edifying to those of you here as well.  You can find it HERE if you're interested.  



I've been been thankful to do some sewing lately and modifying some things I've been wanting to while on the road but now have the chance since were here on the homestead for a while.  What peace and quiet we have, such a stark contrast to being on the road every day.  I have to kill my flesh because it could be easy to stay here and quietly serve the Lord, it's so peaceful and safe and lots of things to keep busy with....but the spirit says 'go' and preach the GOSPEL and it becomes a battle of which is easily won by the spirit.  Glory to God!  If we just sat here we would have never met some of the people we have. I think about the women I've witnessed to, telling them how God can cleanse them by the blood of Christ if we repent and ALL things are new.  We get to be washed clean of all our sin and then He gives us His Holy Spirit helps us overcome going forward.  What a precious gift for those who truly are His.  Why wouldn't someone want to share that with their neighbors whom they are supposed to love? Something to think of....

I know my audio was about pride in clothing and how God owns us and has the right to tell us what to do with the temple of the Holy Spirit but I also wanted to toss in this subject....I'm not too prideful to be corrected.  In fact just the other day I was telling a sister about how I appreciate people coming right to me and tell me what my sin is (or fault or issue or whatever) and not beat around the bush and just do it. I'd be really upset of someone had something they should correct or help me in and they didn't.  Well I had no sooner got done sharing that when a sister told me of something I said that really bothered her.  I wasn't in sin, I was in ignorance over it and it gave me much to think about.  I heartily thanked her for it.  Another time a sister sent me screen captures of a few typos on my blog post (I asked her to tell me if she saw any) and one night there was about 4 (I think) and when I saw them I looked at them as a gift cuz she helped me when I didn't even know I needed the help.  I appreciate that, straight up.   What I don't appreciate is people talking about me without loving me enough to come and correct or help me.  I have no pride in this blog or anything I do, or how I look or....you name it.  

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. 

Proverbs 9:8 

Anyway sisters, I'm here to help you and also be corrected so bring it on, I will love you for it!  

We had to go to town for a few materials....



I ran into a thrift store and found a few microwave dishes $2 total.  Thankful for simple things.  When I walked out of the (super busy:-) grocery store saw this big leaf and then later while taking a walk on the woods I saw another one.





See the latest children's post HERE and an update from brother James HERE.


Praise the Lord for this day and if I get another day I'll be here to encourage you along. 
 
Hold fast dear sister saints, love to you, in Him,
Sister Deb

A sister just recently shared this:

Hebrews 3:14-19 
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 

 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. 

 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. 

 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? 

 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 

So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.