Meek and Quiet to Bold and Confident Titus 2 Woman

 Greetings sister saints!

I hope you are all doing well today and that your faith is strong in the Lord.  I've been able to do a lot of pondering as of late, since being blessed to be on the homestead for a while and thought I'd do a simple Titus 2 post, sharing some good and godly things of a godly woman who loves the Lord.  I hope it encourages you sisters to see the life of a godly woman, as much as it encourages me to see others.  Every day I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a daughter of the most High God and not of satan any longer, having been set free by the blood of Christ, through the GOSPEL.  The life saving gospel and I can attest to the old life being washed away and the new life being given with a stony heart being replaced by one of the Lord. And you too, who truly are my sisters, let us rejoice in the Lord!


I am remembering how simple it is to lead a quiet life, as we have our time here.  Working with our hands, praising the Lord as we do it all, thankful for the peace and freedom we have.


And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you 

1 Thessalonians 4:11 


I've always loved that verse and in fact we used it on our old carving business website, of which we no longer do and are set free to share the gospel full time.  (Even while we're here on the land, the ministry keeps going on full force online and phone, glory to God!)  Being on the road is a bit difficult to fulfill 1 Thessalonians 4:11 because our life is spent on talking to and calling out others from the darkness into the glorious light of Christ, constantly moving, witnessing and keeping up online.  But we all have different callings and therefore we must all fulfill them as the Lord has for us. I've been pondering lately how simple it is to have a meek and quiet spirit while on the land and not having to deal with all the constant controversy on the streets, contending for the faith face to face, being on guard at all times, sleeping in areas that are less than desirable, dealing with those who have questionable actions etc.  It's a good learning experience for us as one has to know how to become all things to all people, such as Paul did between the Jews and gentiles.  We (brother James and I) have to be able to go from this peace and quiet to soldiers in the world and with that comes a different character in our nature, depending on our situation.  For instance, let's look at how that can play out with a mother and her children.  She may be calm and quiet and going about her business but when a child continues to be rebellious, she now has to have a different character about her (the bible talks about using a rod on a child, go look it up) and she's not the soft and quiet woman like she was minutes earlier.  She may still have that meek and quiet spirit but yet she now also has to have a stern boldness and strength to carry through on that chastisement of that child.  So it is in myself as I ponder these things.  It's so relaxing here to be quiet and go about my business doing such wonderful Titus 2 works but when I go on the streets I have to be:

Louder (because of the traffic, music and noise we endure all the time.)


What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Matthew 10:27 


Talk more (otherwise how does the gospel go out?) 


And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15 


Bold (because of all the professed Christians who defend their sins and push back about the truth - see Jude on contending for the faith.)

And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. 

Philippians 1:14

Stronger (how can one endure tiring days without the strength of the Lord?)


Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

 2 Timothy 4:17 

Confident (in the Word of God and that I've rightfully divided it.) 

Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Acts 28:31



Brave (to boldly speak it, it's wicked out there.) 


And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28 



There's more but that gives an idea of what I've been pondering as I go between both lives yet try to find that balance of the godly woman I'm supposed to be.  So anyway, just sharing some thoughts that maybe some of you are pondering as well.  So tonight I want to just share some good, pure, true pictures of Titus 2 works and give glory to God, thanksgiving and praise for what He's done and for the hope that lies before us if we endure through this life, holding fast to the faith.




Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 

Hebrews 10:23 

(Us sisters have been talking about Hebrews a lot lately).

Anyway, I enjoyed a quiet day, going about my business, working with my hands, and praising the Lord for all things as well as glory for His creation.




We're blessed with a lot of wood.





This was a rare treat for me, washing dishes in a sink. 




Before



After



This is how we get all our water.



Making thermal cooked rice for brother James dinner.



Which he greatly appreciated.



And mine, which I greatly appreciated.



A piece of material that may be used for the guest cabin.



An awesome fire by which I have the pleasure to sit by as I write this.



To God be the glory. 



 
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 

My soul shall make her boast in the Lord : the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 34:1-3




 

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 

Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 

Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

Psalm 46:1-3




 







Have a joyous evening, my Titus 2 sisters who love the Lord! Godly love to you from me.

Sister Deb