Witnessing in the Woods

 Greetings sister saints!!!




But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear. 
1 Peter 3:15 

ALWAYS!!! be ready sisters!  And I have a story to share about it!

I was in the utility cabin working on sewing a snap in my purse...









And then I stopped to make an audio for some sisters. I had just started on it when I heard a woman's voice saying "Hello? Hello?"

I looked out the window and a woman was standing on our porch and let me explain the scenario for you. We only know a couple people that live here, most are part timers who have vacation houses and are rarely here, we are down a long gravel road and there's no reason for anyone to come here really so it took me by surprise.  

I went out to talk to her and found out she works for an insurance company and was at the wrong address. I told her I didn't know the address she was looking for but offered a suggestion to check a place that has just been sold.  She was thankful and then I gave her a gospel card.  We talked a bit about it, she thanked me and away she went.  

The interesting thing is, I don't normally carry a gospel card on me when we're on the land because we're pretty isolated but that day I "just happened" to have my purse right with me and I had my cards:+)

It gave me much to think about:

* ALWAYS be ready.
* Never think that God can't use you right where you are.
* That day I had been thinking that it might be a bit of a transition to get back into sharing the gospel when we went back on the road.
* God has work for us to do no matter where we are.
* It's humbling to think that the God of the universe could use us to share His truth. 
* I learned that I have been telling you sisters to be ready to share the gospel no matter where you are but I let my guard down here.
* God taught me a good lesson but was kind enough to equip me with my gospel cards right when I needed them. 

So, praise God many lesson learned!

It reminds me of when we were in Wyoming and had just finished witnessing in Jackson Hole (super busy tourist town nestled in the mountains) and we had to drive way out in the wilderness to find a place to park for the night.  We pulled off on a small gravel area that was for parking and there were a couple other vehicles there too.  While we were sitting outside our van, a Hindu man walked up and asked about our signs, you can listen the audio.  




It was a nice ending to our day and we both just smiled at the power of our Father to get the gospel to that man in the middle of a national forest.

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 

And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 

 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. 

Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it ?

 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. 

 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.  

Luke 15:4-10 

What an awesome God.

Let your lights shine sister saints and be ready. 

Love to my sister saints who love the Lord.
Sister Deb







See the biblical gospel HERE.