A Day in the Life (Titus 2 Things, Audio, Videos and just Sharing)

 Good evening sister saints!

How has your day been?  We were super busy with some travel yesterday...



And what a beautiful sunset.



And today was another busy day doing all sorts of homestead / Titus 2 things.  I was just sharing with the sisters on how I'm so thankful to be a godly Titus 2 woman, let us praise the Lord for allowing us to serve Him as His daughters!  I made an audio about some things we've been doing and share some verses and thoughts about not growing weary.


Or you can listen to it HERE.


Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.  

Romans 14:19 

Every day that I get dressed and put my headcovering on, I'm thankful to be set free from the wicked life I used to be in before Christ.  Let us rejoice in His mighty power to save!!!   That all comes through the GOSPEL, test yourself and let us know how we can help you in the faith.

Brother James said he's got some time to do more drawings again so I asked him to draw whatever he felt like drawing for me. 


Lol, he did that because I love the couch in the second cabin and we have chosen to take a time of refreshing here for the winter.  (Looks like we may make us a small couch in our tiny house also, yay, but we shall see:-) I have another cushion to glue the cover on (cuz I bought the wrong glue last time lol) so when I go to glue it I'll sit on the couch that it belongs to, and enjoy a cozy fire in the cabin while I'm there.

Brother James chopped another load of wood and we loaded our 'cooking' wood bin up with some more room to spare for cedar.  Pine and cedar are excellent to flare the fire into a hot heat for cooking things that you want done quicker than slow cooking all day.  I thought this was interesting how the center part was coming out.


It's amazing how intricate everything was created and that's just a piece of wood, how about a person?  

Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things ; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;  

Isaiah 44:24 



After finishing the load of wood I filled our stick starting bucket so that it's full for our morning fire.  What a blessing such little pieces of wood can be.  Everyone seems to look at all the big pieces and see the great value of it but yet I also see the great value in the little ones because without them I can't start a fire lol. (Maybe someone else can but not me.)   Kinda makes me think of this...

And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.  

Luke 16:15 

And this...

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;  

1 Corinthians 1:27 

...because most people look at branches, bits and pieces of wood as waste but I see the value in it and I'm sure you can think of such things in your life also.

I make fire starters for us....



I just use old wax I find from thrift stores and wood shavings and I'll show how as I plan to do more before the end of the winter to stock us up.  What a super blessing to have such things as they burn for about 5 minutes, giving enough flame to get the wood going.  


We're so blessed to be in this cozy lil house for the winter as that woodstove warms it up perfectly.  (Sometimes I have to open windows and the door to regulate the heat if it gets too much lol, but it's good exercise.)  It's great for cooking on also.  What  you see on there is soup that came from freeze dried veggies that I rehydrated.  (And I'm also soaking a few pieces of jerky for brother James bowl.)



 And some potatoes  I dried about 6-7 years ago! I figured since we are going to be here a while I might as well get back to using them up.   



What a blessing to be able to feed our households, amen sisters?  




Let us never take that for granted because someday it might not be so.


I'm so thankful for my knife sharpener, what a simple tool that makes it easier for us sisters to do our jobs. Praises to our Father for allowing us to have such things.


After all that I bagged up 50 lbs of flour and stored it in 5 gallon buckets.  We found some buckets at the dent bent discount food store and grabbed the 2 they had, plus a small one.  If you call the grocery store bakery, oftentimes they sell buckets to people but you may have to get on a list.  If you live in the country you can never have enough buckets anyway lol.


Food storage is something we encourage all saints to do, the best they can anyway. You can start out small and slowly over time you can build a good storage of food that you can go 'shopping' in and (for the most part) not run out and always have what you need.  Even if you live in tiny spaces (you would not believe the foods we have under our bed in that van!) you can store up.  We see much wisdom of that in the bible and although the world calls it 'prepping' we call it being wise and prepared as well as frugal.

We took a little walk to the cabins to check on some things and I saw this on the way.


And this....


What a marvelous creation.  There's so much to look at and ponder the complexity of it all, being created by the word.   

Here's let's give God glory for more of it...




What an awesome Savior we serve and follow.  Keep striving on sister saints as He is worthy. 

Love, peace and joy to you:-)

Sister Deb


Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Luke 3:8