Toilets and Truth

 Greetings and a holy hug to my striving sister saints!!!



I know you're probably wondering about the title but there's a reason for it and brother James gave me the suggestion.  We were out in a couple towns doing errands and many GOSPEL cards were given out along the way.  As we were coming out of a store we were walking through the parking lot and a woman was trying to load a super big box into the back of her car.  Brother James offered help and she said she can get it but brother James said he's happy to help.  She said 'I never knew toilets could be so heavy!' (That's what was in the box.)  And after she thanked us I gave her a gospel card and she was very thankful.

Makes me think about how most people just toss the precious word of God out, just like they flush a toilet, but those who are of God, cherish it and are thankful, keeping it safe. Reminds me of this verse.

And Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground. 

1 Samuel 3:19 

Let us cherish the precious truth as we see the examples of those who walked before us and what they had to go through. 

In another store, I was checking out and the woman at the register looked familiar and I thought I gave her a gospel card the last time I was in there and almost didn't offer one but I did and said 'I'm not sure if I gave you a gospel card last time I was in here."  She said 'No, I don't think so, what is it?'  I said "It's the gospel good news of Jesus Christ, how to find eternal life." She took it and thanked me.  A little girl who was listening (about 9-10 years old) was smiling at me as I was walking out,   

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 

So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 

Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 

1 Corinthians 3:6-8 


We just go about our lives planting seeds along the way.

Another woman at a thrift store said 'Happy holidays' as I approached the counter and rang up my two items.  After she was finished I gave her a gospel card and told her it was good news.  She started reading it, thanked me and said 'Happy Jesus birthday.'  I told her to have a joyous day.  (I don't always tell people we don't celebrate that day because there isn't always time to explain it unless it's a situation that allows the time for it.)

His Truth, what a precious thing.  It's rock solid, never changing and we can count on it whereas what else can we count on in this world?  It's a disposable society and one where everyone tries to be politically correct so as not to offend someone.  I can see that in some areas but when it comes to the Truth of God, so be it if someone is offended.

And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. 
Luke 7:23 

If someone is offended by the preaching of the truth, then they are in great danger because those who are of God, love His Word and Truth.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 

But his delight is in the law of the Lord ; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 

For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.  
Psalm 1:1-6 

They don't just toss it away or flush it down the drain.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 

Philippians 3:8 

Are we saints willing to give our life for the Lord like He gave His life for us?  

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 

And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 

 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it ? 

 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, [30] Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. 

Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? 

 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace. 

 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. 

 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned? 

 It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.  

Luke 14:26-35 

We don't want to be like that savourless salt and be cast in the dunghill (vs 35)  like the flushing of a toilet.

It looks like our departure is coming up at the first part of the year and just today I told a sister I'm ready for it!  It's like God putting something in us to get us ready to leave this peaceful, safe refuge to go out into the unknown world, sleeping in strange places by strange people, never knowing what the day will bring.  But we trust it all in the hands of the Father who watches over all things and we are ready to do His work no matter where we are.

But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.  
Luke 12:48


Much has been forgiven of brother James and I, more than most could imagine.  Our life transformation was one of which caused much confusion in those we knew as we went from dark to light, night to day, sinful to a saint, old creation to new and instead of promoting sin and being the leaders of it, we became warriors against it.  Standing for the truth, unwavering and encouraging others (you) to do the same!!!  Speaking of encouragement, brother James did and update HERE from yesterday in case you didn't see it.

Glory to God, let our lights shine because of what He has done.  Let the world see and wonder, maybe it will help lead a sheep out of the darkness.



I shared that picture of the river with the sisters in our messenger chat and one sent it back with the verse and a message. (Thank you sister saint:-)


I'm thankful for obedient sisters who reject the ways and patterns of the world and instead walk in holiness (of without which no man will see God), obedience (if we love Him we keep His commands) and righteousness (hungering and thirsting after it) .  

Let's see what tomorrow brings, if the Lord gives it to us.  We plan to keep working on projects here (maybe a completed cabin 2 video coming tomorrow perhaps) and rejoicing in the Lord as we go about our day.  

Hold fast sister saints and may the Lord be glorified in your daily lives lived for Him.  Carefully hold on to that truth and don't flush it away.

Love, blessings, mercy and peace in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I love you all in a godly, fervent love of sisterhood in the Lord.
Sister Deb