A Day in the Life (Jan 20, 2022)

 Good evening sister saints!

"We gotta keep pushing on"!  Brother James just said that in reference to getting everything done here on the homestead as time is running short.  Speaking of I'm going to borrow a sisters picture that she made of an awesome sunset that God created...


She said that was in a matter of minutes and I mentioned that it shows us how fast time goes and reminds us to redeem the time and we gotta keep pushing on.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  

2 Peter 3:8 

Some day, if we endure in the faith until the end, we won't have to worry about time and we will 'be' doing the will of the Father for eternity!  What an awesome hope that is set before us. 

Another sister sent this picture of the sunset that God let her see and I added the verse for her.



We had ice on the windows this morning but it was cozy warm because the lil woodstove did it's job. 




 We're so thankful and get to reap the sowing of our labors in all the wood cutting, hauling and stacking.  Good exercise and then soothing and warm against the cold. (And cooking on too:-)

And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,  
Exodus 34:6 


This afternoon we had to do some errands in town and every place I went in, the gospel went out. Praise God I was hoping for doors to be open and they were!  It's something some sisters have been talking about, God opening doors and also how we can open them.  For instance, today I was by the milk area and I smiled at a woman standing there looking at it all.  I mentioned that there are so many choices today (she was about my age) and she agreed. That started a conversation where she told me about her daughter who is a single mom trying to make ends meet, I offered info about the dent and bent stores and she was excited. While I was looking up the map she asked if I was from there (people seem to pick up our Wisconsin accent I guess, I don't hear it but they must lol) anyway I was able to tell her we relocated there and she cut in and said 'Why did you come down here?' and I walked right through the door with a gospel card of which she was very thankful.

In a thrift store I saw an anabaptist woman and made my way to stand by her and look at something on the shelf while she was looking at a nice deep metal bowl for mixing.  I commented that it's a good bowl and she smiled and said a few things why she was looking at it and not sure if she wanted it. I said that if I'm unsure about something I carry it around until I'm done and then make up my mind. She said that's a good idea.  She was turning to leave and I offered her a gospel card.  She wasn't overly excited about it but did thank me and put it in her pocket.  I was telling some sisters how one time a few years ago I gave a gospel card to a Mennonite woman and a year later her husband contacted brother James. You never know what God can do with it all, sisters, just be faithful. 

I also had to go to a fabric store, which was difficult for me because there are so many choices and I have a hard time finding something plain and simple.



That's just one row out of many many rows of fabric. I was finally able to locate some plain stuff that's got a bit of durability in it, for the couch that we're going to make for our tiny house.  



And it'll go well with the cushions we just bought at the thrift store for $2 each.  We're going to make the couch with a piece of foam that we used on our first mission trip when we slept in the back of our mini van  (which was a great challenge on space for two people lol) and now it will be repurposed into a couch.  

When I checked fabric out, the woman was a little friendly but not overly. She had short shaved hair with a longer tuft dyed blue, with rings in her nose and big ear lobe stretching things and when we were done I gave her a gospel card and she was surprised, and heartily thanked me.  Made me think of people who automatically judge people like that to be someone who would hate the word or be so far from the truth that they wouldn't even bother with them.  I'll tell you what, if I was not in Christ right now, that could very well have been me. We are no better than those outside of Christ, because we once were and through Him we are saints, not of our own works, but by His.  But, our works justify our faith as James says.  Anyway, I was glad to give her that and hopefully seeds were planted.  

A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. 

And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. 

And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.  

Luke 8:5-8 


At the last stop there were no opportunities to give cards in the store and as we were hurrying to get to the van (it was super cold) a man in a big white van pulled up (while brother James was loading the trailer) and commented on the van.  Praise God, that was awesome and he got the gospel and they talked a bit. Apparently he's done some mission work or something but didn't seem to overly into it I guess but he got truth and we let the Lord do what He does with it all.  I was telling sisters that even being willing to do the work is a good work in itself and God sees and knows a willing heart in us.  

Take ye from among you an offering unto the Lord : whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it, an offering of the Lord ; gold, and silver, and brass,  
Exodus 35:5 


What's rather interesting about giving out the gospel is that sometimes I think about the business world and a term the use in sales when looking for a new customer. 'Cold Call'.  That means you just show up and present yourself and hope to gain an entry into their business but knowing very well that most often you will be rejected.  Well, it can be much the same in the Christian life in that you oftentimes have to be bold enough to approach people and offer gospel and that's why we talk about all our different experiences so that  maybe it'll help another saint out.  It's all to the glory of our Savior who made the way for us, it's just our reasonabl service to obey Him in all things and share the precious truth and hope that we have, with the lost sheep that He came for.

So it was a very fruitful day in the Lord out in the world and now we're back in our tiny house being warmed by the fire after having a fast, nutritious meal.


I eat a lot of potatoes either baked in the micro or blended into soups and I never tire of them lol.    I'm just thankful for foods to eat and more so to be able to share the spiritual food from the Lord in the form of the GOSPEL and to be here to help those seeking truth. 

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.  

John 6:35 

I was telling brother James that I cannot understand how people can spend so much money on all the restaurants (many do it daily) when you can eat so simple and for so much less, especially all the quick 'take and bake' meals in the stores that are still pricey yet less than going out to eat. But yeah, it's all about the lusts of the flesh and fulfilling it.  Let us give thanks to the Lord for being set free from all that.  In fact, going back to the fabric I bought, I shared my experience with sisters about the fabric store and one shared how she used to be in bondage to fabrics and patterns and she's so thankful to be set free from it all.  

Something to think about sisters, being simple and people seeing you live that way, can be a great influence. We've been told by many brethren that our very simple life has been a good example to them and gave them encouragement to keep going in that area.  It doesn't make you more spiritual or anything, but it does free up a lot of your life, thoughts, time and money so that you're not distracted with it but instead having much more freedom to focus on what's most important.  Serving our Lord and master.

It makes me think of an audio brother James did so I brought it here so you can be edified also.



And before I go I thought I'd share some of our travel with you, a windy road on a beautiful sunny day that our Father made.  





Well, I have to go for now sister saints, I hope you have a joyous rest of the day and hold fast to the Lord and His truth.

Love in Christ,
Sister Deb


Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.  
Acts 3:26