A Day in the Life

Good day sister saints!

Praises to our heavenly Father for one more day of His grace and mercy and the hope of eternal life for those who are His. We live this life for the Lord, not for ourselves and to see how good we can make our lives. We're here to glorify God through our transformed life be His witness to the world.  We sisters are always encouraging one another to keep pressing on in our duties and godly, holy women and just doing that is a great shining light of truth to those around us.  Then when we share the GOSPEL and plant seeds with others, that's even more truth shining in a dark place.  





Several years ago I wrote about the attributes of a godly woman and thought I would repost them here again (as I think I have in the past) but it's good for us to remind ourselves. 

  • Gracious: kindness, favor (Proverbs 11:16)  
  • Virtuous: valor, strength, able, might(Proverbs 12:4)
  • Sober: to make of sound mind, to discipline/correct (Titus 2:4)
  • Chaste: properly, clean, innoccent, modest (Titus 2:5)
  • Prudent: understand, intelligent, instruct, have good success, teach, wisdom  (Proverbs 19:14)
  • Discreet: sound mind, self control, sober, temperate  (Titus 2:5)
  • Peaceable: keeping ones seat, still, quiet (1 Timothy 2:2)
  • Patient: long spirited, forebearing, long suffering (1 Thessalonians 5:14)
  • Kind: excellence in character/demeanor, gentleness, good (Colossians 3:12)
  • Faithful: trustworthy, true, sure, trustful (1 Timothy 3:11)
  • Joyful: exault, rejoice, triumph (Psalm 149:5)
  • Merciful: compassionate, of tender mercy (Luke 6:36)
  • Humble: modesty, humility, lowliness of mind  (Colossians 3:12)
  • In Subjection: obedience (1 Timothy 2:11)
  • Quiet Spirit: peaceable, quiet, still, tranquil  (1 Peter 3:4)
  • Modest: well arranged, orderly, of good behavior (1 Timothy 2:9)
  • Obedient: subject to, put under, under obedience  (1 Corinthians 14:34)
  • Shamefaced: bashfulness (toward men) idea of downcast eyes, reverence (1 Timothy 2:9)
  • Longsuffering: patience, forebearance (Ephesians 4:2)
  • Gentle: goodness, kindness (Galatians 5:22)
  • Strong (in the lord) power (Ephesians 6:10)
  • Bold: confidence (Hebrews 4:16)
  • Forebearing: suffer, bear with, endure (Colossians 3:13)
  • Forgiving: remit, give up, lay aside (Matthew 6:14)
  • Thankful: gratitude, grateful(Philippians 4:6)
  • Holy: consecrated, morally pure, blameless(1 Peter 1:15)
  • Wise: intelligent, cautious character (Colossians 2:8)
  • Goodness: Kindness, uprightness of heart(Galatians 5:22)
  • Content:  self complacent, enough (Philippians 4:11)
  • Unspotted: unblemished(James 1:27)
  • Zealous: burning with zeal (Titus 2:14) 
  • Viligent: watch, wake (1 Peter 5:8)
  • Confident: trust (Ephesians 3:12)
  • Hospitable: love strangers (Romans 12:13)

I thought of us godly women today when I was standing there by brother James while he was witnessing to an old order Mennonite man. You can listen to the audio.


I was a representation of brother James house being in order which goes a long way in our witness reaching out to the anabaptists, and your witness as well to those around you.  

Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.  
1 Timothy 3:12 

You can see a post about why we witness to the anabaptists HERE.

There's a new post for children HERE.  Just a cute lil lady bug that I found while doing wood.  Maybe I shared it here on the blog already but anyway :-)



And if you are interested in a simple, inexpensive fish patty recipe you can find a 'how we do it' video HERE.  



I was thankful to be able to give a gospel card to a woman today.  We were pulling into a thrift store parking lot and she was giving us a thumbs up about the signs on our van and I got out and gave her a gospel card.  She thanked me and went on her way.




While I was in the store I took this picture, thinking of a sister...her and I have shared about the old fashioned afghans that we grew up with...



...sleeping with the over our faces to stay warm but still being able to breathe because of the holes.  (Sister are you laughing?:-)  Times sure have changed since then....and speaking of things behind, a sister sent some pictures that we shared while brother James and I were witnessing out west and we were discussing what was going on at the time and the witnessing that it reminded me of.


Sometimes we make up pictures to describe what is going on in the other sisters life and this, I believe, happened to be one after we were done witnessing and were parked overnight at a gas station.



Brother James and I often make audios while walking in the parking lots after our day ends and I believe I was probably making one for her or a sisters audio for the blog here. I recall about that time I had some good witnessing opportunities going on.




That's my lil gospel cart that I use when we're on the road.   I get to fly my gospel sign while I shop and it's been a door opener to much witnessing.



Oh this cold water....I told a sister how thirsty I was while I was walking out west and the smoke was so thick. When I finally got a drink I sent her this picture and she returned it with the scripture.  We had a lot of witnessing out west and I think that was just after we went to preach at Mt Rushmore.  You can see videos of that HERE



This picture is when brother James and I took a day off by a lake (free camping/ parking) after many days of witnessing at some events.  We no sooner pulled in than an old van with an elderly man pulled up to talk.  He got the gospel and much truth.  



Oh this sunflower, I actually took you sisters along on walks to go see it in the middle of a parking lot growing out of a tiny little hole in the pavement.  When we came back through the area and stayed there again, someone had torn it out.  Goes to show how fast our life can be changes, here one day, gone the next.  Are we ready to meet our maker? 

Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel. 

For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The Lord, The God of hosts, is his name.  

Amos 4:12-13 

I have to go for now, and Lord willing might be back again tomorrow to serve Him another day and send you my love and encouragement here.

Hold fast sister saints and cling to our Lord and Savior.
Love to you all.  
Sister Deb