Refining Fire of Trials

Godly greetings to our sisters!

Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren which are with me greet you. 

Philippians 4:21 

Praise God for another day to serve Him and I'm glad to come here and encourage you as well.

We've been working hard on the utility cabin and within that, one of my jobs was to burn the wood trim.


It's a nice piece of wood before you burn it but it's even better afterwards...



Just like the fire of trials we go through in the Christian life....we can be doing well before but come out from them even better on the other side.  I made an audio to encourage us in it all.



Or you can listen to it HERE.

(As I was working on this post a sister sent this to me...thank you sister!!!)

And it's true that others grow stronger when they see a saint walking through a trial while trusting in the Lord, not fretting or fearing but standing strong and pressing through.

And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
Philippians 1:14 

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Here's part of the cabin done.  Just have to make some shelves for the back corner, paint the floor and it'll be ready.  But prolly not before the storm comes through the next few days but that's okay, there's always work to do, in the Lord online while we enjoy the heat from the woodstove. (Reaping the rewards from all our labors cutting and hauling wood.) 



I baked a lot of bread and muffins in those cast iron pans (hanging on the wall in the picture above) back in Wisconsin in an old, old propane stove. I found a picture of it...




I had to light it with a match and the controls in the oven were....almost non existent. I had to improvise and adjust the temperature by propping open the oven door in varying degrees and keep checking it every 10 minutes to make sure the temp wasn't too hot or way low. It was in the little add on porch we made for me to do my canning and things, but anyway...

🥖🥐🍞🥖🥐🍞

On the Titus 2 path yet....I made a surprise for brother James.



Tortilla, pizza sauce, mushrooms and cheese cooked in a fry pan....with fire :-)  Tastes much better afterwards than before.  Just saying.

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

I'm thankful for all the trials I've had to go through because they have matured and strengthened me for all the harder ones that came afterwards and who knows what's up ahead.  I'm ready, bring it on, cuz we serve a mighty God!

Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the Lord of hosts, is his name,  
Jeremiah 32:18 

And for more Titus 2...I have a recipe for a good drink that goes along with pizza, or anything really, and is great on a hot day.  You can click HERE to go to the post.


🥤🧊🥤🧊🥤🧊

Brother James and I have shared how frugal we are and in that try not to be wasteful.  I thought this would give you a smile.




And this...




He needs some boots and my slippers have worn right through the bottom. Lol but we'll keep using them for a time until they fall apart some more.  We were messaging about them and a sister brought this up...




Goes to show in yet one more (of the many, many ways) God is over all.  

I'm so thankful to be serving the 
One 
True 
Living 
God of the universe
 
We sisters are blessed to be His lights in the world, doing His good works, going about our days and sharing the GOSPEL with the lost. 

🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️

The month of January is almost over but Lord willing we will get another month starting tomorrow, but let's see...


Hold fast sister saints and keep your armor on and you'll be able to pass through the refining fires of trials in the life we live for Christ.

Fervent and unfeigned love to you all.  
Sister Deb
(with brother James)