Cheese and Bread

Good evening sisters in Christ,
Praise God for this glorious day.  Ours was a cold and rainy one as I began this post but we rejoice none the less because we are one day closer to going home to be with our Lord and Master!

Tonight I have a simple post for you about the blessings of cheese and bread. 

For some reason I have been finding awesome deals on cheese that I can't pass up!  One night brother Jim was busy in the van so I went in the store to see what they had for bargains.





I found these for .75 cents each.  


I bought 2 and brought them back out to the van to see if brother Jim would like them and if we wanted more. (I like a strong cheese.)   He did, and walked back in the buy the rest. 

A couple nights later I found this discounted cheese for $1.25 lb, another awesome deal. 

(Brother Jim really likes that kind.)

What goes better with discount cheese than discount bread!  It's turned into a daily meal for us...we rip off a hunk of bread, a chunk of cheese and a few olives and we get to eat it with our hands :-)  (Feel free to read a post about man made traditions and mindsets that will explain that comment: https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/03/man-made-traditions-and-mindsets.html )

Sometimes we have canned fish...we really like kipper snacks.  Fish, bread, cheese....how can you go wrong with that? 

I used to think that would be wrong for me. 

I was terrified of too much bread and avoided cheese because I thought if I ate that instead of my veggie diet, I would become the size of a house.  But since we've been on the road and our diet has changed, neither of us has become that size, nor had much change at all.  I shared with brother Jim that what I used to be afraid to eat is now a mainstay in our diet.

I'll also share that brother Jim and I don't obsess over our weight.  We're not heavy, we're not thin, we're medium and try to maintain it without spending too much time or thought on it.  (We try to walk every day.)




I used to be a calorie and step counter, a fat pincher and scale jumper to the point of it being pride and idolatry but as I get older, I've settled in to a medium that doesn't take my focus off Christ and remind myself it's all going to turn to dust soon anyway. I wasted sooooo maaannyyy yeeearrrss on my body size :-( don't let satan do that to you sisters!!!!!!!

Ya know...we need to be thankful for simple things because you can all see where the world is headed. Who knows where the 'powers that be' will take this ?pandemic? and what life will be like through and after it.  We need to make sure we are strong in the Lord because it ?may? be soon that we live in a world we never thought we'd see.  I have no clue what satan plans with all this in the interim, but I do know that I'm thankful for the food we have (regardless of what it is) and raiment.  

And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1 Timothy 6:8

Be careful not to get caught up in the comfort of this life because we are strangers here in this land just as the Israelite's were strangers in Egypt.  They did what they must do but they were not citizens.  

I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exodus 20:2

God freed them and He will free us as well...through our death unto eternal life if we endure.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Revelation 12:11

March on sisters...

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luke 21:28

I leave you with another beautiful creation from our Father.



Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...