Homestead Break

Greetings sisters in Christ!
In the last post (click HERE to read it) I shared how we are doing some changes on the van and said I'd let you know where we are.   Well...as we were leaving the southeastern states, we were planning on coming back to Missouri to sell our homestead but just as we got here, the panic of Corona started.  After some discussion, brother Jim decided that we will hold on to the property for the time being it costs us virtually nothing ($20 / month taxes) to maintain yet we would still be out on the road preaching the gospel.  (The goal is to use our homestead for a sanctuary for us and potentially other believers.  It seems wise to do so in these times.) So for a short while we will be here getting projects done and preparing to hit the road again.





In case you haven't seen my previous posts about this place, we bought a raw piece of land in Missouri, cut down trees and cleared the land by hand...






...pulled on an old camper.






And brother Jim put a big roof over it with this awesome porch and a shop on the others side of it.  





It's off grid and has 224 square feet of living space.  Last year we did some of the inside with recycled old oak board flooring, wood trim, corrugated metal and some paint for a cabin look.  I have some more painting I'd like to do in the bedroom area but it hasn't been a priority.


Here's a small cabin we built next to it with an outdoor shower and bathroom on the back of it.



Almost all of our homestead was built using recycled materials and you'd be surprised how little it cost us.
So while we are here, we're thanking God the solitude of His creation...





...partaking of a little bit of homestead life, working on ministry and projects.

(Can you see the animal?)





Maybe now you can...




This morning I saw a bluebird, they look like this:






When the sun hits that blue it's a color man cannot replicate, it's awesome!


I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.
Isaiah 45:5-8


We ran the well to fill our water supply of which 
I'll be using to hand wash clothes.





I'm actually looking forward to that :-)



This morning brother Jim said he did something for me and I thought it would make you smile if I drew a cartoon about it and shared it that way.





Last year brother Jim caught this big spider out where I had my wash station after I had just finished washing clothes:-)




Yup, that's big.  And although it's an amazing creation, it's creepy but if you're out in the country you deal with whatever creation God has living around it.  

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Genesis 1:24

I'll be honest with you, my flesh enjoys the homestead life of peace and quiet, like a sense of normalcy in a wicked world but my spirit (and brother Jim's) is ready to get back out soon to preach the gospel.  Who knows what will happen in this world and it could all come crashing down in an instant but we have today and can glorify God in it no matter where a person is.  We reach people all over the world while living in a parking lot or in the woods and the ministry does not stop regardless of where we are, in fact just recently there were many hours on the phone with some men that are seeing through man made religion, looking for help on how to guide their homes and wanting to get their lives in order of God's word.  We are thankful to be busy in all areas of our life.  Praise God!

So that's just an update of where we are for the time being.  As I was looking for my pics of the house to share with you I came across this picture of a sunset I took a couple years ago in one of our favorite (free) parking spots in Nebraska.




It's a wonderful place of refuge for a traveler. Lord willing we will be there again some day?






Love in Christ,
Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...