Golden Milk

Greetings sisters in Christ!
How have you been doing in the Lord?  


And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
Colossians 3:23-24

Praise God for providing us food and clothing with an added bonus of a shelter from the elements! 


But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1 Timothy 6:6-8

If we thank God for food and clothing, that brings us down to the basics and we remember that we deserve nothing good, but our Father is merciful to provide!

Today I want to share with you an easy idea to help inflammation.  I've shared in the past how I used to be all bent out of shape trying to figure how to heal the issues I have and over time have realized that is impossible so I ditched all the herbs, supplements and natural healing and simplified down to a few things. (I'm not saying that's what you all should do, just sharing my journey.)  One thing I've brought back into my daily regimen is Tumeric.  It's supposed to be good for inflammation (of which I've found it does help) and since I have all that dry milk I told you about (you can read about it HERE), I can whip up a glass any time.

I'm sure many of you have heard of Golden Milk?  There are many ways to make it, you can look it up, but I currently only have dry milk, tumeric, cinnamon and sweetener.  (Most recipes call for ginger and black pepper as well.)  I toss my ingredients in a pint jar...



I add water and shake it up good.



Dry milk powder mixes best in cold water so this is a perfect fit for our life being off grid.  At night I like to warm it up and drink it before bed because it's very soothing.  I'll share the amounts I use for one cup and you can take it from there because everyone likes it their own way.

* 1 cup your choice of milk (if you use dry milk I use 3 Tablespoons dry and fill the rest of the 1 cup with water)

* 1/8-1/4 teaspoon tumeric

* Few sprinkles of cinnamon

* 1 1/2 Tablespoon of maple syrup (you can use any kind of sweetener, I just happened to have some maple syrup to use up.)

* You can add ginger and black pepper too.  I just don't have any at this time and the thought of black pepper doesn't sit well with us.  When I get some ginger I'll add a pinch of it also.
* For the warm version I also add a small scoop of coconut oil and wisk it while it's heating up.  

The spices dissolve better in warm milk but I have no complaints with our cold mix either, just shake it good before drinking.

For me, it doesn't take away all pain and inflammation like it does for some people but it seems to take off the edge. For those of you who suffer constant internal issues and know what inflammation is like, you'll understand when I say this seems to take off that top peak of pain so that you can function easier and have a better countenance for it:-) At least for me it does. (Brother Jim said it helps him for guy stuff.)

So that's what I have for keepers at home help today.

I pray you all stand strong in the Lord and have a good evening.  I leave you with a little flower that's growing by our outdoor shower.


  
Oh, I have to share this with you.  When we got back here to Missouri and the virus thing exploded, I was thinking that we might end up here permanently if they close down travel.  (Who knows what's going to happen?)  Anyway I allowed my mind to wander into the areas of perennial flowers and what it would look like if I were to get a few and plant them. In the next days I started seeing flowers blooming all over.  Little yellow ones, violets, light purple that I've never seen before.  Like a blanket of them spreading across in the front of the porch.  Our yard is a forest floor, not a grass yard like you see in town so it's a rugged look with little wild flowers growing all over.  Pretty amazing.  

Love to you,
Sister Deb



The Biblical gospel...