How Has the Virus Issue Changed Your Life?

Greetings sisters all over the world!
How have you been standing in this wicked world, strong or wavering?  We pray you all to be bold and strong on the Word and His Truth.

A sister posted a question on her blog asking how the virus has changed our life so I thought I'd share the answer.

I don't fear this virus any more than I fear the flu or other sickness I endure because my Father is watching over and what happens is His will. As we all know in the life of Christ, fear is not of God.  

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4:18

I'll admit, I had some moments of fear, not of a virus but of the destruction coming in the end times, to those who are not in Christ. But I know when situations arise that I am uncertain of and they affect our world, we need to capture our thoughts as we are instructed: 

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
2 Corinthians 10:5 

If we cast down everything that exalts itself against God (the meaning behind this virus episode), we will be strong soldiers of the Lord.

What this virus/world situation has done for me was force me to stop and refocus myself on the Lord and not so much the ministry.  What I mean is that being in full time ministry like we are, we're constantly faced with people coming and going, always ready to deal with adversity, seeing masses of people choosing the road to destruction regardless of the truth you tell them, dealing with hurt and betrayal from those who claim Christ, always something new each day and over time it can take us off track of what our focus should be.  It should be a life lived for the glory of God, not a life lived for the ministry of getting the gospel out.  The gospel is a necessary command to go and preach but that is after your life lived in Christ.  The focus cannot be switched around and in our ministry I have realized that mine had somewhat switched.  

Brother Jim said something to someone the other day and I thought it was very true.  He said that God has given people time to slow down, focus on family and time to dig into His Word.  (No, Jim didn't say God sent the virus or anything like that, he's just saying that this is a prime opportunity for people to seek God.)  Sadly most are filling their days with cooking shows or Netflix.

Situations mature us and sometimes in ways we can't put into words.  Every year I grow (as do you I'm sure) and you see a deeper meaning to all of God's commands in your life as a godly woman.  I reflect back on some of the correspondence I've had with sisters and wonder had I been to harsh in my words, quick to correct on something that was not quite sin, allowed my zeal and passion to overpower what my words really meant?  As I grow more sober minded and leave my youth, I pray that I've not caused anyone to stumble. Brother Jim and I are very passionate people, bold and strong in the Word.  Zealous to jump in and help people come to the knowledge of scripture, encouraging and exhorting (which are all good things according to the Word) wanting others to have the same zeal and thinking that it could rub off like iron sharpening iron as Proverbs says.  But as I grow, I see people are who they are and where the Lord called them.  The Spirit quickens them and all we do is lead by example, walking our own faith walk and encouraging those who are next to us.  I cannot look back and drag anyone up by me.  I cannot look to the side and grab someone I am passing and pull them along.  I am to continue on my own walk in the Lord, leaving others where they are, yet being an example and help to those who are seeking. 

I was thinking about all the cows we see here in the midwest and what I grew up by all my life.  Picture cows and calves out in the field.  The cows are all standing there, immobile, chewing their cud while the calves are jumping around.  If a calf gets too rowdy by the mother, she kicks him.  Rather like the puppies vs the mother dog.  Puppies are all excited and rowdy and the mother stands and watches over, cuffing them when need be.  I was that calf or puppy, running off energetically with the gospel right from the beginning, sometimes being brutally honest and forthright as I used to be, without much thought about my delivery and expecting people to become as zealous, outgoing and passionate as I.  As I grew in the Lord, my words were the same but the delivery was more mature.  As time goes on, I work hard to become Matthew 5:48 (perfect / mature).   I wrote a post the other day about being an example, and that's what I strive to be today.

I'm thankful for this time that we've had lately as we've been on a nonstop projectile forward for many years and when we got back here to the land and the virus debacle arose, we've not only had time to slow down and get projects done, but more importantly, time to refocus and strengthen for what is coming ahead.

What have you been learning through all this?

I leave you with yet another picture of God's amazing handiwork:


Have a joyous evening.
Love,
Sister Deb


The Biblical gospel...