Oh Wretched Woman That I Am

Greetings sisters in Christ!
I pray you are safe and standing strong in the Lord today.  We have just weathered a wicked storm with downpour and hail but praise God our van has no leaks...brother Jim did a great job :-) We are working our way back to the land for a short time to meet up with a brother in the Lord, to help him do some modifications in his van, then we are back on the road preaching the gospel.

Yesterday while we were out holding signs, (you can read about that HERE) I saw an older man drive by who looked like my earthly dad.  I had a quick pang of sadness for my earthly parents who claim to be Christians (they are life long Lutherans) yet they HATE the things of God and if they don't repent they will perish.  I've written here on the sisters blog about the MANY times I tried to reason with my mom and brother Jim reached out to my dad many times as well...but to no avail as they choose to remain dead because they love their sins.  It's been many years since we've had any contact but they know how to reach us should they ever repent and want truth.  (God's Word says there must be separation from those who claim Christ yet refuse to repent of their sin.)  That sadness hit me because they are in their 70's and their life is close to ending but it only lasted a few seconds before I put it where it belongs, in God's hands, and moved my thoughts on to those who ARE striving and for those who may be seeking.  I'm no better than anyone....  

O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25 

I thought about the wretched person I used to be and the mighty power of God that transforms lives...

A new heart I will also give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take the stony heart out of your flesh, and give you an heart of flesh. 
Ezekiel 36:26

Amen, we are new in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Our heavenly Father is all...

For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward.
Deuteronomy 10:17

The hope of eternal life is offered to all, and those who seek our Lord and Savior WILL find Him because His Words are true!  This hope should press us all on through the trials in this life, enduring through whatever challenges we have because we lay our life down for Him like He laid His down for us.  



Not long after I was thinking about all this, I saw a window roll down in a car that was sitting at a stop light before heading past us in that intersection.  For some reason I watched that window as the car went by and saw a little girl stick her hand out waving and smiling.  A while later a young teen boy, carrying a pizza, was walking with his family.  They were standing by the cross walk waiting for their time to cross the street when I saw him looking at me smiling.  I smiled back and he said 'God bless you'.  I smiled again as he walked off with his family who were purposely ignoring us.  It used to rip my heart out to see these young ones being led right into the hands of satan because I did the same thing with mine, but over time I got rid of that guilt, set my mind straight on Christ and constantly remind myself that I was that little child, I was that worldly person... there was hope for me and that same hope is there for them if they seek it.

Praise God, He is a loving and awesome Father, let us thank Him for everything, and give Him praise in every breath.  Great is our God.

Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite.
Psalm 147:5

We are thankful to be workers of the Lord and Lord willing we will continue to stand on the streets all over America, shining His light of hope and truth.  




Have a joyous day sisters,
Love in Christ.
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...