The Blessing of Being Quiet

Greetings sisters in Christ,
I pray you are doing well and standing in the truth.

I want to talk about the blessing of being quiet. I'm not saying that women can't speak, I'm simply suggesting that we all ponder that quiet spirit we see in 1 Peter 3.

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
1 Peter 3:4

Having a quiet spirit is truly a blessing if women would embrace it because it's a protection for her. If you are quiet you never have to worry about taking back words that you would rather have not said.  You don't have to worry about hurting someone's feelings or causing strife and trouble. You don't have to worry about someone taking your comments wrong or thinking you have a wrong motive. You can prepare yourself if someone is provoking you to saying
 something you don't want.  You have time to think about and choose your words wisely.

Being quiet is peaceful. It's calm and sober, reserved and tranquil. If God is your focus between you and whomever you are communicating with, your words will be chosen carefully as we are to give an answer for any that are idle.


But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.  For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Matthew 12:36-37
(Idle means: inactive, lazy, useless)



Lately we've been witness to an online 'christian' group (members include those from anabaptist type backgrounds as well as worldly churches) that has women involved in the discussions.  They are allowed to speak with the men theologically and give instructions, rebukes and voice their opinions, this is unbiblical. Brother Jim has reached out to the men leaders to show them the truth of God's word vs their false ways but they want nothing to do with it.  My point is that the men started the group and the women slowly joined in. It wasn't long and the feminist opinions grew on each other and they overtook it all and are now the driving force behind this group.  I've seen the feminism breed on some that were not so strong on it but through peer pressure and repetitive indoctrination, the weaker ones are now growing stronger in their independent stance on equality, outside of God's word.  Galatians shows there is no male nor female in God's word when it comes to spirituality but in authority and headship, God clearly outlines His order in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16, 1 Timothy 2:9, 1 Corinthians 14:34, Ephesians 5:23, Genesis 3:16 and more.

These 'loud' so called christian women are posting lies and blasphemy against God's word all over the internet for the entire world to see and to mislead many weaker or younger women coming up behind them. They are not quiet, instead they have chosen the total opposite.

There's too much noise in the world and we godly women don't need to be adding to it.  I recently wrote an article "Do I Need To Be Heard?"  It just goes along with having a more quiet nature about you.

I know there are going to be some who claim I'm saying that women are doormats and should never say a thing, I already said that's not the case.  I'm just encouraging us all to seek the Lord about the blessings of being more quiet.

I've been on both sides, quiet and loud.  When I was young, I was very shy and quiet for many years.  At one point, my life took an abrupt turn and through a very rough time I ended up becoming a loud feminist. Now, as a daughter of the most High, my spirit wants that quietness again and I'm fighting for it.

One day at a time and over the years it grows, little by little; building upon itself.  There are times I slip up and allow my flesh to rise but I'm learning not to allow satan to bring me down over it.  Instead I get up the next day and try again.  The Lord's mercies are new every morning, did you know that? :-)  (Lamentations 3)

I often think of our Savior who had times where His silence spoke louder than words, even when He was wrongly accused.  I love Isaiah 53

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Verse 7

There are many times I should 'open not my mouth' and I do...but I repent and move on.  I used to beat myself up and allow satan to join me in that but not anymore because I don't want to sit in that guilt, I need to forgive myself...  I wrote a post about Freedom in Forgiveness.  

Just remember, our Father sees our good works even if nobody else does. 

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Galatians 6:9


Yes, being quiet can be tiring because you may have to work hard at it but I'm convinced that if we continue striving at it, like we do everything else, we may get to a level of mastering it with the help of our Father.
Amen.

Let us all strive to be more precious than rubies and walk worthy of our calling.


I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Ephesians 4:1-6

Love to the sisters around the world.
Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...