Do I Need To Be Heard?

Good evening sisters in Christ!
We are rejoicing in a day that was filled with hard work and there is a great satisfaction in a job well done.  We are plugging away on our garden, a little here and there but not getting anxious because we are starting from ground up, once again.  

In this post I want to encourage us all to ponder the question "Do I Need To Be Heard?"  Culture shows through psychology and all sorts of emotional tests, that women 'just want to be heard'.  Quite honestly, it's not just a woman's issue because pretty much anyone wants to be heard if they think they have something of value to say but my question is do we 'need' to be heard?




I see 2 areas in life where women want their voice to be heard.  Personal and biblical. (I'm generalizing everything under those.)  In the personal areas we normally want to share our victories, trials, struggles, thoughts and possibly looking for input while discussing topics etc.  These topics can be good and godly, nothing wrong with them, as long as they do not become idle or go places they shouldn't.  The other topic, biblical, is what I want to focus on here.

I'm going to try to phrase this as carefully as I can so as not to imply that women cannot talk about theology, but specifically what type.  I'll use myself as an example:
When I was born again, praise God I had good discernment and quickly learned topic after topic.  I was still bold from my former life before Christ and I had not yet learned all in the ways of a godly woman and had opportunities to share deep theological teachings with other women, not realizing I was stepping outside the bounds of what God's Word says.  The more I was able to do it, the more I wanted to do it.  As brother Jim grew in the Lord and began preaching in various ways, there were some times that I would add in a few biblical comments but as I did, I had a deep burning of shame inside myself and would question 'do I really need to be heard?'  As brother Jim would share something with me that I already knew, I would jump in and share everything I had already learned and come across instead of letting him just share what he wanted to share.  Again I would have that thought in my head 'do I really need to be heard?'  Over the first few years of my life in Christ there were many times I had various instances where this would occur.

I began to ponder that question as I was learning the depths of being a godly woman in submission, with a meek and quiet spirit and I saw that what I had to say was not necessary to be added to the discussions that brother Jim was having with those he was witnessing to.  God was slowly silencing me through the scriptures I was learning (1 Timothy 2, 1 Corinthians 14, 1 Peter 3, Titus 2) and my conscience.  There were times I thought it would be so awesome to have a sister to talk about deeper theology and then I checked myself as to why?  If she already knows about pre-trib, lies of the man made religion, cavlinism, antinomianism, pagan holidays, false hebrew roots etc...would it be just to show that I know the scriptures?  Was it that I wanted to teach?  Was it not good enough that God had given me the wisdom to know these truths and simply use them to protect myself from false teaching?  Why is it I need to speak these things to others when God had assigned to godly women, what they should be focused on. (This goes along with the post I just did about the small things being big, you can read it HERE.)

God has given us a command in Titus 2 on what we should be focused on and teach.  


The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:3-5

Because I was still wrestling with my competitive nature from my unregenerate past, I used to think that was a puny amount of areas that a godly woman was responsible for.  I wanted to be like the men, out  on the streets proclaiming the gospel to the masses, teaching the meat of God's Word, showing that I was studied to be approved, a workman that could stand toe to toe with a false teacher and slice him with the word of God or guide a new believer to truth through those areas.  But as I matured and worked hard to kill my flesh, I allowed God to teach me the depths of a meek and quiet spirit.  Meek is like power under control and what power a woman has in the knowledge of God's Word!  Over the years of our ministry we have come across many women (most are not fully biblical and at the time had no desire to be) that had a vast knowledge of God's Word in all the theological areas but very little knowledge or obedience in the areas of a godly woman.  Now, if those women were to harness that power (knowledge of God's Word) it would help them learn the depths of meekness and therefore would strengthen her quiet spirit and allow the men in her life to grow through God.  But instead, women want to speak about all the things that God says men should be teaching and discussing and skip over what women are COMMANDED to teach and focus on. (As we see in Titus 2, 1 Timothy 2, 1 Peter 3, Ephesians 5 etc.)

If God has given you discernment and you are able to search the scriptures and see these valuable teachings that destroy all the false theologies being taught in man made religion and all over the internet, do you have to be heard in speaking them?  Is it good enough that God has allowed you to learn them and quietly hide them in your heart to protect you from wolves?  Must you be heard by telling everyone what you know so they know how much you know?  Are you content to listen to the teaching of Godly men in quietness?

On the flip side, are you diligently working to find ways to teach other sisters what God has commanded us to teach and focus on?  If you are a young sister, new in the Lord, are you striving diligently to mature so you can teach others behind you?  All sisters should be seeking ways to encourage all other sisters regardless of age (physical or spiritual) behind or ahead of us.  

Basically I want to point out that we sisters have a command and godly calling, outlined in the scriptures that we must focus on and leave the depths of teaching theology to the  men where it was assigned.  If we know these theological truths, praise God and let Him have the glory in it, while we go about our business of Godly women.

I don't need to be heard anymore and the glory is all of the Father. (Although there clearly are times for biblical women to share the gospel with the lost.) I hope this helps some of  you avoid the situations I had and this will allow you to mature faster as a godly woman.  


Praise God, I'm thankful to be able to share this with you all and I'm enjoying a meek and quiet spirit in my life.  (No, I have not fully attained it but will strive for it until the day I am called home.)

You might want to read this post about the Mightiness of Meekness here:
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-mightiness-of-meekness.html

And a video I did here:
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2019/03/a-meek-and-quiet-spirit-video.html



I leave you with this...



Blessings to my obedient sisters.
Love in Christ,
Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...