Simple Sewing Substitute

Greetings sister in Christ,
I pray you are all strong in the Lord and being obedient, out of love for what our Savior has done.



This is a simple keeper of the home tip for those of you who don't know, or knew and never tried it.




I don't recommend using it to create full pieces of clothing but it's great for low pressure areas such as hems, minor tears or if you cut part of your sleeves off and have a raw edge to take care of (like I did).  It's awesome to have for those quick fixes that you don't have time to grab a needle and thread or set up the sewing machine and for those of us on the road it's a major blessing!

I don't have any experience with other brands except this one.  I'll also say that if you are concerned about perfection, don't bother.  Be careful about having a perfectionist mindset, you can read a post on that HERE.  When I did the arms of a blue button up shirt (I know nothing about materials and what to call them) it did leave a light marking that looked like a water stain if there is such a thing.  You had to get really close to see it but I could care less.  If someone is so concerned about my sleeves, then I can assume they have other issues that are more important that need to be dealt with.  As I told a sister who sewed me some aprons (you can check out her shop HERE I said that mistakes on clothing just add character.  She didn't make any mistakes but I was allowing for much leeway in sewing for me as I'm not a perfectionist.  I believe in doing all things unto the Lord but within reason before it becomes obsessive which in turn can be pride.  We must be careful of that.  

Anyway, I hope this helps some of you looking for ways to save a bit of time and keep up on minor sewing projects in the home.

Praise God for each day, let us be true to our Savior until our last breath.

(Click the picture to go to my husbands discernment blog.)

May God be praised in every day we live.

Love to you in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...