Off Grid Living, Sewing and Dehydrating

 Good evening sisters!

How was your day?  I thought I'd share a bit of my day with you.  I'm enjoying my Titus 2 duties on our homestead life for the short time we are here but it's all for preparation to go again. I hand washed more clothes then dug out my sewing machine to work on a few simple projects.  




I had a shirt that I wanted to add a pocket to so I cut off a pocket from a junk shirt...





And sewed it on.  Nope, the materials don't match and the color is a bit off but I don't care, I'm thankful to have a pocket:-)



While I was out there I had a visitor:-)



She kept coming and another one with some yearlings stopped by also.  It's hunting season here and I'm hoping they make it through.  (FYI we're not against hunting.)

I had to take in the waist of a couple skirts so I decided to show you what I do.





In between, something funny happened.







And here I show you something else that might make you smile.




I also thought I'd share a bit more about the off grid dehydrators in case any of you are interested.  (I posted about corn HERE.)



It's a rare treat to be able to do homestead activities and I'm very grateful the Lord allowed us to be here for the time being.  Brother Jim added some awesome lights to the van...





He also did some reconstruction of a few things and then will be working some modifications to the generator box. While we were working, the neighbor stopped by to say hi and to borrow brother Jim's phone because he just ran his over with the lawnmower:-(  

(Hey, I'd like to do that to ours sometimes haha :-)

You know sisters, God is glorified in our duties that we do as unto Him, in joyful obedience.  I remember in my pre-coversion days thinking there were times it was monotonous and repetitious to the point of being tiresome, but after Christ I was thankful He didn't burn me up for all my sins and was grateful for this new life as a godly woman.  It's all about our focus and if our focus is on Him, it's all about Him and not us then, amen?  How can we not be joyous when we focus on Him and think of what He has done for us?

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. [11] He came unto his own, and his own received him not. [12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. [16] And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. [17] For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. [18] No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 1:9-18


I hope you rest well this evening.

In godly love to you all,

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...

https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html