How to Modify A Shirt (with video)

 


Good day sisters!  

Maybe it's morning when you read this:-)  A sister saint (thank you) made this picture (and one below) and I thought it was a good greeting for you all.  I'm thankful to be able to have some time to do some Titus 2 duties: sewing projects and get ready for our next trek down the road, Lord willing.  


I made a couple videos of of my sewing that I thought might be helpful to some of you.  The first one is a quick way to make a large neck on a shirt, smaller so that it doesn't bag out on you.



Next I have a longer video that shows how I modified a few different things on a shirt that I got from the thrift store.  It was too big for blogger to put here so it's in our ministry page HERE.  For those who don't have a sewing machine, they can be purchased for a reasonable price or you can hand sew like I have done on the road.  (I've hand sewn brother Jim's tunics on the bed in the van, yep anything is possible:-)

I'll be honest with you sisters, as those of you who follow along, know I speak it like it is.  I did these videos because I'm constantly hearing how hard it is to find biblical clothing and I know it is BUT there are some ways around it, at least to get you going until you have what you need to get by.  This video helps eliminate a large portion of the excuses I hear from women that they can't find anything biblical to wear because I've just proven that it's possible to modify shirts in various ways in order to work on a biblical wardrobe.  I've also, in the past, shown how to sew a simple two panel skirt to get you by until you can find something a bit more workable.  You can find that HEREAnd if you want to support a sister in the Lord who knows how to sew skirts, headcoverings and other things, you can find her shop in this post HERE that shows some things she's sewn for me. 

Sisters, dressing the temple of the Holy Spirit (your body) is very important as it's good works unto the Lord...

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. 

Titus 3:8

 And we are not our own...

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 

And quite honestly, I'm a long suffering person and patient with those who truly are striving in truth but I'm really tired of professed Christian women who complain about having to dress biblical because they are filled with pride and vanity and would rather walk around exposing themselves yet claiming to be of Christ.  Yes, that's bold but the cold hard facts and those of you who are on the other end of that statement need to repent and get your life in alignment with God's Words.  If we love Him we keep His commands, not make excuses for our sin.  If you are refusing, or putting off being obedient then you either are in rebellion (and are in danger of hellfire) or you're not born again (and in danger of hellfire).  I suggest you examine yourself to the gospel HERE and let us know how we can help.  The gospel is the most important because it's our transformation from the inside that changes our outside, not the other way around.  We cannot work our way into heaven.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.  Ephesians 2:8-9 

Most people know that verse and then claim that it's a free gift that requires nothing but they forget to keep reading the next verse...

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 

Yep and read the book of James...

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?  Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?  Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.  Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.  Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?  For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:17-26 

You can claim the Lord all you want and declare your faith but without works it's dead, and you will be too if you don't do something about it. 

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16 

Well, I know I'm bold but I love you all and want for none to perish. Let me know how I can help you.





Love, blessings and peace,
Sister Deb

Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him 
Hebrews 5:7-9