Sewing and Sowing Sisters

Good evening sister saints!  

I may have already titled something like this but I don't care,(yep I see one titled sort of like this one lol)  the title doesn't matter just like the wrapper doesn't matter on a gift.  It could be a good wrapper or one that's plain but it's the intent and love behind it right?


(Thank you faithful sister for 'sowing' the gifts of scripture pictures for all the sisters to be edified.)

I know some of you sisters can sew very well so I like to lift up those who can and do it as a service to others!  What a blessing to be able to do such things for others who cannot.  (I can get by but that's about it so I appreciate the skills the Lord has given you sewing sisters.)  Anyway I want to share some sewing that a sister did for me again.

Had to go to the post office to pick up my package.



   




My other curtains were getting very worn and, well, I hemmed them with safety pins on the road lol.  These are much lighter weight, easier to deal with and look much nicer.

 (That's the shelf that holds  food and where my little cooking nook is.) 

Oh the next picture is crooked, oh well. 



Here they are hanging on my blanket wall....I had to use safety pins to hold the sides and bottom to it.
They work great!
      


  Those are organizers with 4 pockets on each. I just gave her some dimensions and she created them even better than what I asked for.  Once I get my van torn apart and repacked I'll take better pics:-)



These are phone bags for when we're out on the street witnessing.  I wanted something light weight that I could hold gospel cards, phone (or two) and my ID.  (For when they call the police on us for no reason except they hate the word of God.) Anyway the one on the left is brown (the picture makes it look pink, it't not pink it's brown) and she sent me the blue one also.  I pretty much wear brown or blue so it's perfect.  Simple and not complicated when I pick out my wardrobe lol.  Anyway those will be a great addition and if you are needing some sewing you can find her shop HERE. She does excellent work and her shipping prices are very reasonable.  The best part is not her sewing, which is very good, but it's her love of the Lord. I'm thankful for sisters who love the Lord and exalt His name.  I love what Mary says: 

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 

And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 

For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. [49] For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. 

He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. 

He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. 

 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. 

He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 

As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever. (Luke 1:46-55)


And I know our sisters would say that also!

(thank you again sister)

Holiness....and it sows much in a wicked world today.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. (Romans 1:16-17)

We Titus 2 sisters, who are striving after holiness and obedience, because we have been transformed by the GOSPEL, have great jobs to do for the Lord.  We are all different and have our own unique skills and gifts but we all have a ministry (not necessarily sewing) but sowing.  Sowing the truth to the lost world around us, those that the Lord has put in or brings into our life, amen?  

O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth. Sing unto the Lord, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people. For the Lord is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens. (Psalm 96:1-5)

We sow that truth not only in word, by sharing the gospel and the Lord's truth but by also sowing our good works as godly woman.  Our good works are obedience to the Lord in how we headcover and dress.  How we carry ourselves in being sober and of a sound mind.  We are meek and quiet in spirit and submit to our husbands.  We are also servants to those in our life, preferring others before us.  I did an audio HERE (a while ago) about the characteristics of a godly woman if you are interested. 

Brother Jim did an audio on reaping and sowing HERE.

And a scripture reading to encourage you.



Just a simple post to edify and encourage and offer sewing and sowing.

Love to you all.

Sister Deb