But I am Slow of Speech and Slow of Tongue

Good afternoon sisters in Christ!
If you've been following the blog you'll see that I've just confessed that I want to start doing more audios and then shared this verse:


And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?
Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
Exodus 4:10-12

For most of my life I was a very quiet person up until I entered the corporate world and became something that I wasn't.  I then had the speech, the attitude to go with it and the boldness to do it.  Yet when I became a new creation in Christ, I struggled to properly find the way to fit myself into the role of a godly woman by balancing a shamefaced, meek and quiet spirit yet holding a bold stance on God's Word.  (Meek and quiet spirit does not mean a woman doesn't talk, it's the manner of a woman inside and what's inside will come out, amen?)

As I've gotten older and had some physical issues rise up and stay, there are times my brain doesn't function, I cannot find even simple words and speech can be difficult at times to express what I'm trying to say.  It's like rummaging around in a file cabinet looking for something but it's not to be found.  I'm sure there are some of  you who have those blank spots as well, but we continue to press on, being thankful for the day.

I'm sharing this because I just recently wrote some posts about overcoming loneliness and ministry ideas for sisters  (click the highlighted words for the corresponding articles)  and in them I talk about how we should all be giving to the brethren.  I'm sure some of you are saying 'I can't write, or I can't speak.'  I say you can because you speak to your children, husband, family, store clerk, co-workers etc every day.  I'm sure you can type because you found this website.

Slow of speech and slow of tongue, that was Moses, but God didn't let him off the hook.  In fact if you keep reading that chapter you will see God got angry at him and now today...Moses' words are written for all of time.  I'm sure Moses would have rather hung out in the wilderness than be the bold man of God he turned out to be.  God was tough on Him and we see God can be tough on us.  There are times we would rather spend our time on ourselves, doing what makes us feel good even if it's an activity that is good and pure and true but are we neglecting what we should be doing for the kingdom of God?

I just did some videos to show you one way we all could encourage one another around the world. You can see them here:  https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/03/are-you-ready-for-fellowship.html

Maybe you have other ideas?

Anyway, God took away Moses' excuse, we don't have any either.  We must always be about the work of the Father, in the role given to a godly woman, for His glory.




Have a joyous day sisters.
Love in Christ,
Sister Deb



The biblical gospel...