Quick Soup and Dumplings

 Greetings sisters!

Praise God for whatever provisions we have and for us, the more simple the better:-) I've shared how I like to make my own soup on the road such as THIS POST about thermos soup.  Well, there are times we are busy and with a day that we're not sure what's going on, I don't always make soup ahead and like to have an assortment of canned soups on hand.  I'm glad I do because late tonight, after witnessing (you can see that HERE) I was able to whip up soup and dumplings in about 10 minutes.

When I find discounted soup, I stock up. I try to get the most natural I can but I don't stress over it.




When I'm in an actual house (even if it is tiny:-) I make my breads, biscuits and dumplings from scratch but on the road I use a mix.



Yep, there's a few ingredients I wouldn't put in mine but my Father is bigger than anything on this earth and I won't eat anything that I wouldn't serve my Savior.

We buy cups of ice for the cooler because it's really cheap that way (sometimes the gas stations give it away free with a gas purchase) and I save them up to use later.  In this instance, since it takes a lot to clean the dough out of a bowl, I cut down one of the plastic cups and used that, then tossed it out.



And since I don't take time to measure much of anything, I just put some baking mix in it with a couple spoons of dry milk.



Then I pour some water on it until it is the right consistency for dumplings. (Don't ask me how to know what that is, I just kinda guess :-)



We had a nice, inexpensive meal of soup and dumplings after a long day of fighting not only the wind (trying to rip our signs our of our hands) but the wicked world who hates the word of God.  We're normally chicken kind of people but brother Jim picked up a beef soup that I'll use next time:-)  




Brother Jim snapped a picture of me from our witnessing today...





Haha, it looks like my headcover end is slapping me in the face:-)  The wind was wickedly strong at times and we had to really hold on to our signs.  Praise God a lot of people were reading them and we hope there was conviction of the Holy Spirit for repentance.  I had a lot of people smiling and waving at me and when I commented that to brother Jim, he said I need to turn my sign around and show them their sin.  I was showing New Life In Christ and forgetting to turn it around:-)  Once I did, the friendliness stopped....of course.  We enjoy flying signs as most of the time it's calm and we have time to think, whereas there isn't much time for that in our life, but we're thankful for whatever we get to do for the Lord.  I pray your day tomorrow is joyous!


And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,   (Acts 2:46)

Love in Christ,

Sister Deb


The biblical gospel...

https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html