Witnessing for Women

Greetings sisters in the Lord!
I pray you are well today, keeping your sights on the Lord and things eternal, not this earth and what is fast passing away.  We've had some very busy days of street preaching / witnessing, ministry etc and we sure have experience and learned a lot.  Brother Jim has asked me to write this and share my witnessing experiences to encourage you for when you have the opportunity yourself. We can also look in God's Word to see how women were used in the proclamation of Christ as encouragement for us godly women today.




Just the other day I had a witnessing encounter and I'll start with that as an example.  I'll share word for word so you can see how it went.

Here's the account:

Man: "Are you from Israel?"
Me: "No sir, my husband and I are born again believing followers of Jesus Christ.  We read God's Word and obey it.  My husband is a street preacher and we travel all over the country, would you like a gospel card?  He would love to hear from you and help you in the things of God."  
(I then gave him  a gospel card, which he took. I pointed out the gospel on the one side.)

Man"Thank you.  I thought you were from Israel because of how you dress."
Me: "I dress this way because God's Word commands it for us and I'm simply being obedient."
Man"I was in the concentration camps."
Me: "Oh my, that must have been hard.  Are you a Christian?" 
Man: "No, I'm nothing, I'm a Jew. I'm 90 years old."
Me; "It would be good for you to think about eternal life then."
Man: "Your religion is confusing, there are so many different beliefs and none of them are the same."
Me: "By religion, do you mean Christianity?"
Man: "Yes, all the different names."
Me: "My husband would love to talk to you about that because he teaches people that denominational religions (like Baptist, Methodist, Mennonite, Roman Catholic) are created by man, not God and they teach lies.  He calls people out of them and into God's Word. He could also teach you about the authenticity of the bible.  Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father except by Him and if you seek Him you WILL find Him.  I would encourage you to do so and feel free to contact my husband as he could help you."
(The Jews don't believe Jesus is God, which is why I brought that part up about the bible, Jesus and who He is.)

Man: "Okay thank you, I might call him. Where are you from?"
Me: "We came from the midwest but we travel all over the country and my husband preaches the gospel everywhere. You can see the gospel on the card I gave you."
Man: "You are here as a tourist?"
Me: "Oh, no, not at all.  We are here to spread the gospel and call people to repentance.  We live in a 24 year old van, my husband does not take a cent from anyone as he worked his whole life to support us and we do the work of the Lord full time.  He teaches people to come out of the world, not to partake of it, and be holy and set apart for God."
At this point I was just about to share with him that I would need to have him ask any further questions of my husband lest I be teaching a man but before I could say it,  he turned to examine my grocery cart to see what I was buying:-) 
He said "It looks like you have good things in there, you are taking good care of your home.  I respect you. Have a good day."

I recounted all this for brother Jim to see if I stepped out of line in any way and he assured me that I did not as this man was an unbeliever. 

Let me share an account of a professed believing man who approached me some time ago.

Man: "Excuse me, what religious body do you attend?"
Me: "My husband and I don't belong to any organization, we are simply born again believers following after Christ by reading His word and obeying it. My husband is a street preacher and would have me give you this gospel card."  (I then handed him one.)
Man: "I go to the suchandsuch church in somewheretown"
Me: "My husband would be happy to help you see that man made religion doesn't teach the truth, they have a false gospel, and they don't obey God's word in many areas. You recognized me by the way I look, God's word teaches godly women to dress and cover their heads, man made religion doesn't do that and many other things. My husband could help you see the truth."
Man: "The bible says not to forsake the gathering of the brethren."
Me: "That would be Hebrews 10:25 and they have perverted it.  I would encourage you to go into God's Word and seek deeper than man made religion. At this point I need to let you know that I can't keep speaking about these things lest I be teaching you.  Please feel free to contact my husband and He could help you."

Here's one more simple one:
I was walking into the store when I passed a man sitting on a walker.  He was staring at me intently so I purposely gave him a little smile and he said:
Man: "Are you a Mennonite?"
Me: "No sir, I'm a born again believer of Jesus Christ, following His word in obedience. Would you like a gospel card, how to find eternal life?"
Man: "Thank you very much." 
Me: "My husband is a street preacher and teaches people to come out from man made religion like Baptist, Lutheran, Jehovah Witness, Roman Catholic, they are not teaching the truth.  He would be happy to hear from you and help you."
Man: "Okay, thank you."

He called later that night:-)

Right here I know some of you are thinking 'But I don't have a husband or elder to send people to."  We are here to help for those who are seeking and  www.dontperish.com is out there 24/7 to train and encourage people all over the world at any time.  Don't forget, the Holy Spirit is fully capable of teaching all things so nobody is truly alone.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:26

And don't forget:

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1 John 2:27

I have written about a few more events that you can read here:
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/08/she-is-like-merchants-ships.html

In a grocery store.
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/05/helping-your-neighbor-and-witnessing.html

Witnessing to women.
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/02/witnessing-to-women.html

An older woman:
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2019/12/walkers-and-witnessing.html

A pentecostal woman:
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/02/belligerent-beggar-pushy-pentecostal.html

I witnessed to a 'mormon / muslim' or so she said.
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/02/witnessing-to-mormon-muslim-at-store.html

Being prepared with gospel cards:
https://titus24sisters.blogspot.com/2020/01/quick-on-draw-being-prepared-to-share.html

Once again, all situations are different and you have to walk in the Spirit to know what to say, when to say it and when to be done with the conversation.  There may be times where there is more conversation such as if you meet a woman who is truly seeking truth and asks many questions about you, why you dress that way, what's wrong with man made religion etc.  The sticky part comes when it is a man (more leeway with an unbeliever) and especially a man that claims to be a believer.  We godly women are not teachers and preachers but we are to plant seeds of truth in those we have the opportunity to do so.

(Women are not to be teachers or preachers over men but they do play a role in sharing God's Word.  You can read an article about women not preaching on brother Jim's teaching blog:

It is our responsibility to be ready.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

Would you like some encouragement from the women of old who were workers of the Word and Truth?

Let's look at Mary in Luke 1 (when she meets up with Elisabeth) where she exalts the greatness of God and her words are recorded for all of eternity!

What did Jesus have Mary do?
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
John 20:17

Start at the begining of John 20 and see that Mary came, went back to tell them that the stone had been moved, the men came and left and then Jesus appeared to Mary.  There's some significance in that.

In John 4:28 we see Jesus revealing Himself to the gentile woman who then went and told the town.

Acts 18 Priscilla is named along with Aquila in the help of Apollos.
(We don't know exactly what she did but it would have been within the bounds of a woman's role.) 

Anna the prophetess in Luke 2, speaking about Jesus.

We see in Philippians 4 that women labored with Paul in the gospel.

Look at Esther, Miriam and Deborah.

Hannah's prayer in 1 Samuel 2 is recorded for all to read.

Those are just a few examples of how God can use women and we must make sure we are prepared and willing to do so.  Sadly we see too many running from one ditch to another such as women running out on the streets (or internet) and acting in the manner of a man by preaching and teaching. Then the other ditch is women who don't do anything or talk to anyone, therefore hiding their light.

We must learn how to be strong women in this world, not feminist type but strong godly type, standing boldly on the Word.  The women of old were strong workers physically and we see, based on the examples above, strong workers in the truth of God as well.

I hope this encourages you to seek the Lord and what He will have for you in this life of sharing the gospel.




Have a joyous evening sisters!
Love in Christ,
Sister Deb

The biblical gospel...
https://www.dontperish.com/the-gospel.html